Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Lets try this again since my computer froze.. Well, The fastest ticket I ever got was 72mph in a 55mph.. The fastest I was caught on radar was 162mph in a 55mph.. Its a long story and it was very stupid of me. But, no one got hurt and I won the lotto when I didnt go to jail that night..
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
haha nice one good you didn't hurt anyone or yourself
No. There is a very straight long wide road by me that is empty around 330am on mondays and tuesdays. And I just let it out and I was the only one there.. I thought.. ;)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
years ago hubby got nailed doing 240km (149mph) on his kawi zx7 and that got him a dangerous driving ticket not just a speeding ticket lol

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
So far zero tickets in either car or my bike.

It's not that I don't have fun, it's just you have to know where to have fun ;)

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
fastest speeding ticket was 80 in a 70 in my truck. and the only time i have ever been caught for speeding is when i fail to plug my radar in! i just got a speeding ticket for going 55 in a 40 last week in the truck, half asleep going to work in the morning, they changed the speed limit signs and in one little section they reduced the speed from 50 to 40 overnight! :shakefist:

no speeding tickets in the camaro yet. i got a ticket for turning left at an intersection with "no left turn" in the camaro. cop said there was 2 signs, but i didn't see one of them; it was part of some construction they had just started on, so 2 bike cops were taking advantage of the fact no one really knew about the no left turn yet :shakefist:

i have gotten 3 tickets since moving to Tulsa 9 months ago, 2 speeding and the other was the left turn. when living in Texas i collected a total of 3 tickets in the 5 years i had been driving :no:

cops in OK are out to get you! and no getting out of the ticket through defensive driving or deferred judification like in Houston! just pay the $150 and if it's 10 over it goes on your driving record. :shakefist:x2

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I haven't gotten a ticket since I bought my V1 radar detector.;)

(quickly runs and knocks on wood):eek:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I've been lucky as the only time I was pulled over in one of my "toys" was my GTO in the fall of 2008. This was in Northern VA in Tysons from a Fairfax cop. I had heard all sorts of horror stories about these guys, but this one was cool and told me to just slow it down. They still use B4C 4th gens there, too (but it was just a CV that got me).

I even have a picture of my stop:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I haven't gotten a ticket since I bought my V1 radar detector.;)

(quickly runs and knocks on wood):eek:
i have the same radar.

have you hard wired it in yet?

i mounted mine on the passenger side, just above the rear view mirror and loomed the 8' straight wire just underneath the headliner and passenger side A-pillar, then under the glove box, and wired it into the cig lighter outlet above the ipod jack. only turns on when the the car is on! the side panel of the center console pops out fairly easy.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i have the same radar.

have you hard wired it in yet?

i mounted mine on the passenger side, just above the rear view mirror and loomed the 8' straight wire just underneath the headliner and passenger side A-pillar, then under the glove box, and wired it into the cig lighter outlet above the ipod jack. only turns on when the the car is on! the side panel of the center console pops out fairly easy.
I used an invisacord to wire it into the mirror.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got a 130 in a 55mph when i was 17 in a honda civic what so bad about it is that it took forever to go that fast

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I got a 130 in a 55mph when i was 17 in a honda civic what so bad about it is that it took forever to go that fast
See, people think that by putting a teen in a Honda or Toyota is "safer," when in reality, a kid is going to get to 120 in any vehicle, it just may take a bit longer in the 4 cylinder.

This is why teaching vehicle responsibility is more important that simply choosing a slow vehicle for a teen.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got my Camaro up to 110 mph on the back roads here in East Texas on a Sunday morning.

I can't imagine what my ticket would be if I got pulled over.

·
Registered
157 Posts
First and only speeding ticket was in my first car, a 76 Monte Carlo officer said I was doing 80 in a 55. I was only 17 then and had to go to court with my parents got a 150 dollar ticket, and driving school. Court was the worst part of the whole thing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I heard that when my daughter gets old enough to drive I know shes going to have a lead foot like me and a honda isn't going to make her go slow... but good thing I still got 15 1/2 years left to teach her to be responsble

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I heard that when my daughter gets old enough to drive I know shes going to have a lead foot like me and a honda isn't going to make her go slow... but good thing I still got 15 1/2 years left to teach her to be responsble
haha by then we will be in flying cars...

or at least easy to lower the speed limiter to 55!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts