Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went down to LMR today and had them install their CAI. I have to say they have a pretty nice shop. Joe was nice enough to show me around and have a look at all the cars they are working on. WOW!

Now, when I left the parking lot I turned off traction control and it was the first time I have been able to spin the tires even a little bit. So with that I was impressed to begin with.

The sound has changed dramatically. The sound up front is what this car should sound like from the beginning. It has changed the exhaust tone some as well. You really hear a big difference when you are on full throttle. The tone has changed and you can really hear the exhaust much better. It has not changed the way anything sounds for normal driving just when on throttle.

I still am not getting the 0-60 times but I am now contributing that to Houston and the heat and humidity. I am still around 1300 miles as well so this thing still has some mileage before it really loosens up.

I wish I would have gone with the carbon fiber now but that won't make any difference but cosmetic.

I have to say with the customer service and the product I give LMR a big:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added pics to the first post. I included a couple pics of the old air box. That thing is huge and I don't see how the car can breathe with that thing.

·
8,984 Posts
I posted some results in a thread about CAI comparisons.

This weekend at the car show and dyno session, a guy rolled up in a CGM SS and had a Hennessey CAI and Corsa cat back. LMR asked if they could dyno it with the Hennessey CAI and then with the LMR.

With the LMR, his car picked up 8-9 horse and 12-13 ft/lbs on back to back runs with no cool down time; just the time to change out the CAIs.

Very impressive OVER the Hennessey CAI and Cors Cat-back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Joe was telling me about that this morning.
He said when they did that they were concerned that if they came up short of the Hennessey they would look foolish.
They did perform this test in front of a large amount of people so they are very confident in their product as am I.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually carbon fiber has outstanding heat dispersion characteristics. Heat soak in either one is pretty little but the carbon would deffinitely heat soak a lot less. Can't wait to see some 0-60 gains.

·
8,984 Posts
I videoed the dyno, the change, and the numbers, I just need to get the video of my buds camera!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'll have to back Red on the customer service of LMR, I ordered my CF finished CAI on Monday afternoon, and it arrived this evening, that's dam fast . I'll be installing it tomorrow after work, then I'll go out to the hill country to a good stretch of empty road I found last weekend to test the differences ;)

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Looks good! A CAI really helps these cars. Over 20rwhp gain.

Remember how much improvement you'd get from a airbox lid on a 4th Gen?
This is like that, except TWICE the improvement.

I'd bet a CAI on these cars is good for 2 tenths gain in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good! A CAI really helps these cars. Over 20rwhp gain.

Remember how much improvement you'd get from a airbox lid on a 4th Gen?
This is like that, except TWICE the improvement.

I'd bet a CAI on these cars is good for 2 tenths gain in the 1/4 mile.
I haven't timed it but it feels stronger on the low end. I have already spoke with Joe again today and I am going to go with the Corsa cat back exhaust real soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They have talked to me about headers too but say I will need a tune to do that as to not throw codes. I am not going for a tune as the warranty is important to me. I thought I read on C5 of a member doing headers and exhaust with stock tune.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I got the LMR CAI installed today in all of 20 minutes then took it out to the country. I did notice the same thing, a little more pull from the get go, but I didn't really notice much difference in the HP pull after the first two gears. I may just need to let the ECM do it's thing with the new equipment on before I really notice it. I'm all done with performance mods until the warranty wears out though, at which time I'll add the TVS1900 SC, and ARH Long Tubes. I got back home too late to do CAI pics, so I'll get them into my Dirty Baby post tomorrow.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Went down to visit LMR last week. I have to say I was impressed with their shop and customer service. I saw an LS7 they were about to drop in a new camaro. They seem to be capable of doing just about anything to a car.
(performance wise)

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
They have talked to me about headers too but say I will need a tune to do that as to not throw codes. I am not going for a tune as the warranty is important to me. I thought I read on C5 of a member doing headers and exhaust with stock tune.
you don't need a tune, just go down to a parts store, pick up a $50 OBD-II diagnostic tool that clears codes and delete the rear O2 sensor code.

however a tune with headers significantly increases your power! and if something wrong happens, just take it back into LMR, or ship your ECU to them, and they will flash it back to stock before you make any warranty claims.

and remember they can't void your warranty unless they undoubtedly prove that the mod caused the damage.

i got LMR's CAI on my RJT SS too, throttle response is excellent and you can really tell a difference in temperature on each side of the heat shield! i'm going back to LMR labor day weekend to get the AR headers and a tune. here's some pics of mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone that has the LRM intake (similar to the one in the pictures in this thread) needs to frequently check their car for damaged paint. My LMR intake seemed to fit fine and I didn't notice any damage for about 2 months. But just the other day I checked my car and saw this.

The bottom of the intake shield rubbed off the paint on my car. This was also reported by another Camaro owner.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts