Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always been enjoyed the looks of Toyota's FJ Cruiser. Any thoughts on them?
Good? Bad? Fantastic? Break Down every month?

Id love to hear your thought.

Thanks a lot

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Point made.
and thanks for the laugh
I can't say I hate them...sometimes I see one and think "it's kinda cool looking" and sometimes I think "eww...it's weird looking". Can't decide...but than I saw that thread.:D

·
2,774 Posts
So you dont know about the major and I mean MAJOR problems they have had??

I will let you do the research since I will not be biased in this..but just do some searching on google..It is amazing what does not come out in the mass media since its badged a Toyota.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ive always been enjoyed the looks of Toyota's FJ Cruiser. Any thoughts on them?
Good? Bad? Fantastic? Break Down every month?

Id love to hear your thought.

Thanks a lot
I may get some banging here but, I drove a 07 FJ for two years and had 0 problems. It was really fun off road, and I did not find a place I couldn't go in it. It also held its value as well. Good thing cause thats what I traded for my new 2SSRS. :thumbsup: Chevy dealer gave me 2,000 more on trade than I owed. I will miss that tank, wait a minute, no I won't! :rock5thgen:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've always hated those things. So...I have this to say...

Isn't it funny how the FJ Loser came out after the H2? It's Toyota's retarded version of a Hummer H2.

It gets around the same gas mileage as an H2. It's also funny how Toyota never seems to get any flack for producing such a gas guzzler, but GM gets most, if not all of the flack for their Hummer brand. Way to go mass-media. Keep feeding the sheeple.

And yes, I know that the Hummer brand is no longer owned by GM.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I may get some banging here but, I drove a 07 FJ for two years and had 0 problems. It was really fun off road, and I did not find a place I couldn't go in it. It also held its value as well. Good thing cause thats what I traded for my new 2SSRS. :thumbsup: Chevy dealer gave me 2,000 more on trade than I owed. I will miss that tank, wait a minute, no I won't! :rock5thgen:
Hey it's a TOYOTA. The blind loyalty to that brand has almost reached Mercedes-Benz heights, so actual anecdotal reliability be damned, it's going to have good resale value.

·
2,774 Posts
I've always hated those things. So...I have this to say...

Isn't it funny how the FJ Loser came out after the H2? It's Toyota's retarded version of a Hummer H2.

It gets around the same gas mileage as an H2. It's also funny how Toyota never seems to get any flack for producing such a gas guzzler, but GM gets most, if not all of the flack for their Hummer brand. Way to go mass-media. Keep feeding the sheeple.

And yes, I know that the Hummer brand is no longer owned by GM.

i will go you one better...go look up GM's trucks and SUV's MPG vs.Toyotas..

almost 95% of the products put out there that have comparable trucks in the markets..the Toyota were dead last vs GM's products...From the Tundra on down..I think the only thing that got good econmy vs. GM was the Tacoma...

Toyotas got some of the worst MPG trucks out there yet GM like you said get the flak for thier more fuel efficient SUV's..

wonder what people think of the Equinox now????

·
Registered
544 Posts
i will go you one better...go look up GM's trucks and SUV's MPG vs.Toyotas..

almost 95% of the products put out there that have comparable trucks in the markets..the Toyota were dead last vs GM's products...From the Tundra on down..I think the only thing that got good econmy vs. GM was the Tacoma...

Toyotas got some of the worst MPG trucks out there yet GM like you said get the flak for thier more fuel efficient SUV's..

wonder what people think of the Equinox now????
I agree. For every product that Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. has put out, GM has put out at least one that gets comparable fuel mileage. Want proof? Go to...

www.fueleconomy.gov

Click on the compare side-by-side link, on the left-hand side of the page, to compare models.

·
8,984 Posts
I tell you what, if you are in the market for 4x4, go with the H3.

I had a rental, er a friend of mine had a friend that new a guy that had a rental....

Anyway, I, I mean, this guy took this rental out to a local offroad spot.

When he got there, a couple people in a 4x 70's dodge truck was running around and saw me roll up and wanted to know if I had the "huevos" to "bury that thing.

OK, no worries.

I took over some whooptee whoops and up and down some hills and then got out to look at this mud hole.

Now mind you, H3's window bottoms are extremely high, well, I made it about 60 feet throught this 100 foot hole. It would back up and then take another run at it.

Well, the passenger side was buried UP TO the window and the driver's was up 1/2 way on the door with mud and what not.

One little pull and she was out.

I really could not believe how well it handled all I threw at it that day.

ALOT of power, not it was not the ALPHA with the 5.3, but that inline 5 was great.

Move over Fiat Rubicaon, your high end HEEP has nothing on the H3.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Toyota, We Suck GLOBALLY.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts