Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
not trying to jack the thread but also looking to know where to jack up an SS?? this is good question

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there are slots behind front tire, and in front of rear tire, but this is for a scissor jack, which I don't even know if I have one. There's no spare tire on the ZL1. But your SS should have one. But I would like to use my floor jack and place on stands.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
no spare in the SS either, unless you paid for the option ... just a nice car of flat fixer, I think

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I always use the subframe mount points both front and rear. But I also run the car up on ramps first which makes it easy to reach these points. The ramps might not be necessary if you have a low profile jack....
I agree, I use the same points with my floor jack. Just have a air pump and snot in a box for a spare...thanks GM.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
any pics from underneath the car?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I always use the subframe mount points both front and rear. But I also run the car up on ramps first which makes it easy to reach these points. The ramps might not be necessary if you have a low profile jack....
using one jack or two?

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
One jack most of the time, however I use jackstands if I need to raise both sides or front or back together.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
using one jack or two?
One jack most of the time, however I use jackstands if I need to raise both sides or front or back together.
This. :thumbsup: Actually I use a jackstand all the time. Even when working on just one side and even if the floor jack is under there.... Hydraulics can fail at any moment.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Not a ZL1 or an SS but here's where I place my low profile jack on the front of my Camaro...and I ALWAYS us jack stands no matter what I'm doing.

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]
yea thats where i have been putting mine right where its meets the frame

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Found these in a different thread. Does this help ?

thats perfect, ive been putting my floor jack on the exactly where the last picture has it when i do my oil, but the piece of metal seemed kinda week i thought so i just wanted to make sure it was the right spot

1 - 17 of 17 Posts