Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
I would do it for $300, but I am a push over, so let's say $600.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
a shop could bang that out in a couple hours, it is very straight forward. Check out a place or 2 in your area. It took me and a buddy less then 3 hrs on jack stands, taking our time

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think me and my son may try to put them on . Looked at the video , does seem rather simple . How does it sound ?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
its pretty easy, the stock catback comes off in one piece... personally i think the hardest part is making sure the tips are straight, mine r close but i am going to play with them a little more when i do the headers. It sounds great, nice growl and rumble when you get on it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Is the front too low to drive it up on ramps ?
maybe if you have low-pro ramps...other then that its a no go. backing onto ramps are not a problem... with mine anyway, as long as they are wide enough. it doesnt have to be all that high, but the higher it is the easier it will be

·
Registered
897 Posts
Is the front too low to drive it up on ramps ?
Most places I've been have extension for the ramps to make it more gradual for lowered cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed mine with my brother in law this past Sat. It took about 2 hours. Not as loud as my SLP Loudmouth on my 06 GTO but it sound awesome! For the money I paid for it $650 you can't beat the sound!

Very easy install and save yourself some money if you can get access to a lift your money.

·
8,984 Posts
Is it a 2 or 3 chamber?

·
8,984 Posts
That is all I own on my V8s and I heard one the other day, yes needs to be a tad louder for me.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That is all I own on my V8s and I heard one the other day, yes needs to be a tad louder for me.
I've heard that a couple of times as well, which concerns me. I was set on it until I heard PowerFreak's Solo exhaust and that sound good (granted, it has headers as well), but I believe he has the J-pipe setup with just the resonators.

I was thinking about buying the flowmaster kit and switching the mufflers out for the Super 40's or maybe even single chambers (even though I don't know if those are street legal?)

·
8,984 Posts
mmmm single chambers......

·
8,984 Posts
That's funny, that's the same setup my MOM had when I was in Highschool. Pretty Lame if you ask me. :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
That's funny, that's the same setup my MOM had when I was in Highschool. Pretty Lame if you ask me. :lol:
Oh good, can you ask your Mom if single chambers are legal for street use.:D

·
8,984 Posts
She says no. :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts