Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of this?
FLX-Paint Home Page

FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com[/url]

As a car enthusiast, I appreciate it when people are really into their cars.

FLX-Paint, a Tulsa-based company, understands the car-lovers' market very well. The company has developed a unique product, a stretchable car paint that comes on a roll.

“Car guys and gals are really into the look of their cars. Beautiful paint is emotional. Yet getting a car painted is expensive, time consuming and a permanent application,” says Melanie Harren, FLX-Paint's co-founder.

“If you have a new Camaro and want a racing stripe or two-tone paint job, you may talk yourself out of it because of time, price and permanency,” she says. “But what if you could add that second color for about half the cost of a traditional paint job, plus get your car back in two days instead of two weeks?”

FLX-Paint offers 38 stock colors and virtually any custom color. With color options such as kandy copper, brilliant sunshine pearl, blue wave or cosmic carbon ultraflake, what Camaro, Charger or Mustang owner could resist?

“Or imagine a car dealer or manufacturer who wants to offer customers a spring color pallet with a factory warranty,” Harren says. “When the car comes off lease or the owner is tired of the color, an installer can remove the FLX-Paint.”

FLX-Paint is building a network of professional installers, signing up businesses in the United States and abroad that apply window tint or vinyl wrap.

But don't confuse FLX-Paint with vinyl decal or vinyl wrap, Harren says.

“Compare us to premium paint. Once on the car, FLX-Paint provides the look and long-term performance of a traditional paint job. It can be buffed and waxed. When it's time to sell the car, simply remove the FLX-Paint, and the factory paint underneath will be in great shape.”

Many other uses

FLX-Paint isn't just for car-lovers and vehicles.

“Our real intellectual property is making beautiful paint that stretches around objects and compound curves,” Harren says.

“It can be used to wrap appliances, cellphones, laptops or even fingernails. We have a customer who is cutting FLX-Paint for fingernail kits. It's the perfect application, fast, nontoxic and looks fabulous.”

One yardstick of an innovation economy is the nearly constant surfacing of unique products and services that help people do things better and more efficiently … such as painting cars.

Read more: FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
At first I thought it was FLEX paint, that stuff is durable & last's forever IMO !
Is this stuff like vinyl or paint, from the sounds of it, its applied by spray (?),
I wonder if it hardens or stays soft ?, once its been on for a while ?

Edit; I found the web sight, Its a vinyl type film,
from what they state its durable and last's a while.
I wonder how long tho, the best vinyl avable, only last up to 7yrs !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand its acutal paint that is put on like vinyl.

I noticed they have SGM.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Anyone heard of this?
FLX-Paint Home Page

FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com[/url]

As a car enthusiast, I appreciate it when people are really into their cars.

FLX-Paint, a Tulsa-based company, understands the car-lovers' market very well. The company has developed a unique product, a stretchable car paint that comes on a roll.

“Car guys and gals are really into the look of their cars. Beautiful paint is emotional. Yet getting a car painted is expensive, time consuming and a permanent application,” says Melanie Harren, FLX-Paint's co-founder.

“If you have a new Camaro and want a racing stripe or two-tone paint job, you may talk yourself out of it because of time, price and permanency,” she says. “But what if you could add that second color for about half the cost of a traditional paint job, plus get your car back in two days instead of two weeks?”

FLX-Paint offers 38 stock colors and virtually any custom color. With color options such as kandy copper, brilliant sunshine pearl, blue wave or cosmic carbon ultraflake, what Camaro, Charger or Mustang owner could resist?

“Or imagine a car dealer or manufacturer who wants to offer customers a spring color pallet with a factory warranty,” Harren says. “When the car comes off lease or the owner is tired of the color, an installer can remove the FLX-Paint.”

FLX-Paint is building a network of professional installers, signing up businesses in the United States and abroad that apply window tint or vinyl wrap.

But don't confuse FLX-Paint with vinyl decal or vinyl wrap, Harren says.

“Compare us to premium paint. Once on the car, FLX-Paint provides the look and long-term performance of a traditional paint job. It can be buffed and waxed. When it's time to sell the car, simply remove the FLX-Paint, and the factory paint underneath will be in great shape.”

Many other uses

FLX-Paint isn't just for car-lovers and vehicles.

“Our real intellectual property is making beautiful paint that stretches around objects and compound curves,” Harren says.

“It can be used to wrap appliances, cellphones, laptops or even fingernails. We have a customer who is cutting FLX-Paint for fingernail kits. It's the perfect application, fast, nontoxic and looks fabulous.”

One yardstick of an innovation economy is the nearly constant surfacing of unique products and services that help people do things better and more efficiently … such as painting cars.

Read more: FLX-Paint wraps bold colors into flexible paints for autos, appliances and more | NewsOK.com
Yeah I contacted them several months ago and talked to a lady (don't remember her name) and she was going to send me a little sample of the Inferno Orange Metallic... Well I've called them back several times and e-mailed as well and still have not received the sample... So as a Customer Service stand point, I Can Not Recommend them because I don't know what their product is like, so I finally gave up waiting...

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Bummer Kunk, I'd be upset too, no call back's, they could of made a great customer or so.
Maybe they will change once they loose more customers !
Thx for the heads up :thumbsup:
Yeah I was all excited waiting on the sample, U know me, I would have recommended them to everyone...

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Making it right ?

Yeah I was all excited waiting on the sample, U know me, I would have recommended them to everyone...
Heck yea, plus you could of saved a few penny's &
probably not had any headaches, now !
Word of mouth goes so much further, much more than,
"yes Sir, we'll get back to you ! - with no response months later " :(
Not what I call great customer care, Kunk maybe you should send a pic
of yo BB & let them know.. how much $$ they lost & clients they would-a-had.
Who, knows maybe they might make it right and send ya some free stuff,
it never hurts, they could redeem them self's :dunno:
I bet you could use some flamage under the hood ;) & :thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
They say not to confuse them with vinyl wraps cuz u can wax and buff their product. U can wax and buff vinyl wraps too. The vinyl wrap bee stripes on our 5th gen have quite a few coats of zaino on them. So what's the difference? Sound like they are just trying to market a fancy name...

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I contacted them several months ago and talked to a lady (don't remember her name) and she was going to send me a little sample of the Inferno Orange Metallic... Well I've called them back several times and e-mailed as well and still have not received the sample... So as a Customer Service stand point, I Can Not Recommend them because I don't know what their product is like, so I finally gave up waiting...
Don't sound like they are dependable.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They say not to confuse them with vinyl wraps cuz u can wax and buff their product. U can wax and buff vinyl wraps too. The vinyl wrap bee stripes on our 5th gen have quite a few coats of zaino on them. So what's the difference? Sound like they are just trying to market a fancy name...
From what I understand, it is real paint.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Heck yea, plus you could of saved a few penny's &
probably not had any headaches, now !
Word of mouth goes so much further, much more than,
"yes Sir, we'll get back to you ! - with no response months later " :(
Not what I call great customer care, Kunk maybe you should send a pic
of yo BB & let them know.. how much $$ they lost & clients they would-a-had.
Who, knows maybe they might make it right and send ya some free stuff,
it never hurts, they could redeem them self's :dunno:
I bet you could use some flamage under the hood ;) & :thumbsup:
Don't sound like they are dependable.
Well I called them again today and talked to a guy (I can't remember names for $hit) and he apologized several times when I told him I've called a couple times over the past few months. He said there's been some changes (Sounded like Personnel Changes) recently and that he would have a sample (Inferno Orange Metallic) piece in the mail to me tomorrow. I had a Good conversation with him about Paint shops, the product process etc. I explained I just had the Custom Fire Paint job done so I was looking at the product for interior & under the hood application... I will let everyone know what the product is like as soon as I get it, which should be here NLT Mon since it's only coming from Tulsa OK..... Stay Tuned!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Thanks Kunk! We can always count on you to come thru!

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I called them again today and talked to a guy (I can't remember names for $hit) and he apologized several times when I told him I've called a couple times over the past few months. He said there's been some changes (Sounded like Personnel Changes) recently and that he would have a sample (Inferno Orange Metallic) piece in the mail to me tomorrow. I had a Good conversation with him about Paint shops, the product process etc. I explained I just had the Custom Fire Paint job done so I was looking at the product for interior & under the hood application... I will let everyone know what the product is like as soon as I get it, which should be here NLT Mon since it's only coming from Tulsa OK..... Stay Tuned!!!!!
:thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Thanks All.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts