Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. Thought I would share a few (of many) images that I am gathering together as I am preparing for a Squadron (VAQ-136 Gauntlets) reunion in San Diego, CA when the carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV63) arrives for it's decommissioning. The Navy's only forward deployed carrier is being replaced with the USS George Washington, where it will return to Atsugi, Japan. Hope you enjoy the pic's here on 5th Gen.

JKidd hookin' up aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV63).

JKidd. Cat Launch aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV63).

JKidd. EA6B Prowler VAQ-136 Gauntlets In-Flight

JKidd. VAQ-136 Gauntlets. Air Wing 5. Atsugi, Japan.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hopefully they get that fire damage fixed on the Washington ASAP. Japan is getting nervous.
You a government employee?

·
Registered
897 Posts
LOL Of a sort. I was in the Air Force for 6 years, and now I work for a County Government. :)
I am and I kind of figured you were in a way, not too many other people follow the Washington close enough to even realize the implications to the Japan situation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats awesome, I have always wanted to go on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. The flight deck of the Frigate I was on wasn't very big.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had wisdom teeth pulled on the USNS Comfort while down at Hurricaine Katrina. only time on a Navy ship. I was kinda worried about having surgury on a boat... swooshin around in the water... lol but i was surprised. with the size of the ship, it was like a whole town on water... and couldnt even tell it was moving. and there were still some pretty big waves/wind a month after the hurricaine hit. that place was a mess, dont get me started, ill ramble on forever....

later

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had wisdom teeth pulled on the USNS Comfort while down at Hurricaine Katrina. only time on a Navy ship. I was kinda worried about having surgury on a boat... swooshin around in the water... lol but i was surprised. with the size of the ship, it was like a whole town on water... and couldnt even tell it was moving. and there were still some pretty big waves/wind a month after the hurricaine hit. that place was a mess, dont get me started, ill ramble on forever....

later
I think the USS Comfort is a floating hospital.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
61 Posts
I miss that life, was with VMA(AW)-121 on the Ranger then spent 3 years at VAQ-129. Nothing beats the flight deck for excitement.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was on the DE-1081 during 1972-74. Our little deck could handle the small helo that my job was to provide fuel for. It was a kick watching the pilots match the rolling seas to get those things down and then back up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts