Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is the thread to mention your thoughts.

I will conglomerate all of the posts here into my brain (or on paper :D) and bring them along with me to the Focus Group in May, just a few weeks from now.

So you can be assured that your feedback will be DIRECTLY delivered. :)

Let's hear what you have to say! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Here's my little list of suggestions:

1. The spoiler from the concept car should be standard
2. 1 V6 (the 300hp DI) and 2 V8's (L76 & LS3/x)
3. AFM standard on all models
4. Reasonable price
5. Option for stripes similar to that of Bumblebee

EDIT: 6. Analog package (for those of us who haven't yet embraced all the onboard computer stuff)

Thats all I can think of.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
-Ditch the scoop on the front, especially if fake. It would look much better on the hood anyway.
-I HATE integrated radios. It makes aftermarket solutions much more expensive.
-Please offer a stripe package similar to the Convertible Concept. The hockey stripes are cool, but don't combine them with the hood stripe. One or the other.
-Can we rethink the reverse lights...Blech! Maybe just round or something?
-While I'm hoping and dreaming, I'd like to see the bowtie stylized a bit. I love the bowtie, but I HATE gold. Speaking of which, the Camaro's always had a "shield" on the car...Where'd it go?
-Please don't use that neoprene looking crap on the seats. It just looks cheap.
-pricing within $1,500 of comparable Mustang.

·
Registered
620 Posts
the reverse lights, either make bigger to be in scale with tail lights or move them into the tail lights, dont put in the center next to the plate. it will look to much like the vette. IMO

·
Registered
7 Posts
1) LS3 (and don't de-tune it)
2) High Perf suspension package with the Z28 or SS
3) Cross drilled & slotted rotors
4) Keep the sexy 5 spoke wheels from the concept
5) Dark Charcoal paint with white stripes & hockey stick
6) Work on that front grill, less plastic more aggressive
7) The interior mock-up we saw had poor looking display for the radio. I looked like they were trying to make the screen look bigger than it was.
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2009ChevyCamaroIntSpy/1000578997
8) Keep the torque gauge
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2009ChevyCamaroIntSpy/1000579045
9) High-Bolstered & stiff bucket seats
10) I'm sure I'll come up with more :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. drag package/ road race option- all the HP none of the extras-
2. Ditch the nose scoop if it does not benefit for cooling or engine performance.
3.Maybe the dual note muffler off the Z06- sounds great when you want but quite when you don't. (expensive but might be worth it.)
4. make it affordable

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
1) Let's try something better with the backup lamps, please. They look like an afterthought. 2) Have a RS trim package that can stand alone or be combined with a Z 28 or Super Sport package. The RS should have a different grille/hidden headlamps(?), different tailamps, maybe slightly different spoilers or reasonable ground-effects/side skirts. 3) Offer at least 2 stripe kits, like the twin hood/deck style, fender hockey stripe, and maybe a header surround style. 4) I know this would be a stretch, but how about an engine designation emblem somewhere on the front fender, maybe even with "crossed flags"???? (I know, I know, that's prolly way too old school, but I still think it would be neat). 5) Houndstooth interior option!!! (okay, I suppose I've really gone too old school now!) 6) rearend gear optional ratios.7) Pace car edition. 8) el-strippo model suited for racing only. If I think of anything else I'll let you know...thanks Tim!:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) Keep the trapezoidal exhaust tips as an aftermarket item. They are beautiful!

2) The backup lights need to be moved and hidden better. Possibly in the center of the inner brake lights?

3) Keep the wheels from the concept.

4) Hide the mufflers better, they are too easily seen.

5) Keep the torque gauge.

6) Make the rear spoiler a little smaller, but keep the same design.

7) HALOS!!!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The Jinx List:

-Price the Camaro between the G8 and the Mustang. If we are talking a L76 Camaro as a Base V8 then it shouldnt cost more than a G8 (which is branded in the upscale pontaic division anyhow, so the chevy platfrom mate should be cheaper, more so for the lack of two doors) and it better than a Mustang so feel free to price above that (you get what you pay for).

-Have GMPP packages and part available by at least the second quarter of 2009. Packages should be equal or the better than Ford's FRPP offerings for the Mustang; meaning that we have:
-RS appearance package (ground effect or bumper/trim replacements)
-Drag Packs: CAI, Ripshift, Drag Springs with Bags, gears, and tune (dealership option too)
-Track Pack: Progressive rate springs with adjustable shocks, braces and tower bars, and tune
-Panther Pack: Drag Pack (minus Drag Springs w/ bags), Track Pack, and GMPP Axle Back Exhaust
-Dominator Pack: Panther Pack plus, GMPP supercharger, and Badging (this one can be given some time on because I dont expect it possible in the first MY)
-GMPP stripes: Bumblebee, Hockey, Rally(concept vert style), and Manta ray
-GMPP gauges to match stock gauges cluster

-Two Tone Leather like in the GTOs (at least a red/black, tan/black, carbon/black, and grey/black. (I figure my blue/black request would be too much to ask so I do it myself with all respect, lol)

-HID standard headlights

-Color match the XM/Sirius fin or fix it up like in a vette where you cant see it.....or just make it small and on the trunk like it is on the mustang

-Colors:
-Metallic Black Pearl
-Pearl White (extra cost)
-Government Issue White
-Hugger Orange (extra cost)
-Quicksilver Silver
-Navy Blue Metallic or Imperial Blue
-Sunset Orange Metallic
-Jinx Blue (name it this too, lol) or Impulse Blue (extra cost)
-Spice Red
-Performance Red
-Gunmetal Metallic Grey

-No Chrome trim on door handles, taillights, or driving light bezels (basically dont do what they did to the G8 coming from the Commodore)

-Painted Mirrors standard

-Upgraded brakes on V8 trim levels standard, Optional on the V6

-DRL halos in the headlights, please. Not the turn signals.

-LED cluster tailights optional

-Get rid of the hoop on the bumper around the exhaust pipe. it will sag in time and tacky at that. (notice a matte black trim ring in one of the spy shots, ugly)

-A nice Camaro exclusive engine cover or FRCs to compliment such a nice car . (also have them vary in design from the model trim)

-No Fusions as the stock tire, at least a Nitto 555, BFG KDWS, or some Eagles. If anything at least on the V8 model. All season on the V6 and cold climate V8s.

-Engines:
-L76 as Base V8 (priced between Mustang GT and G8)
-Ls3 as Base V8 or at least optional above the L76 (priced as a G8 or between a Mustang GT and G8)
-Or a Ls3 with AFM with different engine designation as the base V8
-V6 at least rated at 285 with dual exhaust option
-Consider the turbo 2.0L DI four banger engine on a limited run to let people judge the car before making it larger production. Or if a four banger must be had, consider having GM Powerplant stroking the displacement to 2.4L (torque is a icon of this car, no need to lazy now after all their work.)
***** Basically give us a car with at least a 405hp V8 ****************

OK, about the reverse light mount them in the matte black rear valance panel and not on the paint bumper surface (jesus...) or if that cant be done, mount them at least around the plate.

I prolly have more later tonite.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
1) High ratio, low RPM 6th gear, for excellent highway mileage.
2) Built-in AC plug
3) Heads up display
4) Seat-belt "cinch" button or activation (like the Corvettes)
5) External AUX input
6) Blue-tooth
7) Hard drive storage for radio.

I would like to see factory options for:
-Push buttons start (I know, but some people don't like keys)
-High performance exhaust
-High performance air intake
-19 and 20 inch rims in the concept style
-Stripes
-Rear spoiler

I would be willing to pay extra for getting the options that I want, they just need to make them available, so I can build this car EXACTLY like I want it, get it from the factory, and never have to change a thing.

That's all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
piggybacking on some peoples ideas.

405+hp LS3 would be FANTASTIC

LS3 LS3 LS3 LS3

LS3 PLEASE!

Alright enough of that lol

Push button start
BEEFY brakes
Sports suspension

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I'm not sure if this is something that can be adjusted in my Silverado, but when i listen to xm radio it sounds distant. As soon as i put a cd in with out adjusting the volume IT GETS REAL LOUD. I 've talked to a few other people I know with different types of GM vehicles and they claim its the same for them.

On the trans temp guage If its in the DIC as an actual digital reading that would be excellent, but if they have an actual guage planned that is great too.

While I'm not looking for a 5th gen with too many options I think a dual zone ac system is needed for those who will make this car their primary driver.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Options:

Radio delete - many people prefer aftermarket sound.
Racing harness capable
Roll Cage

I am big into safety. While seatbelts and airbags are great, I like to be strapped in real good!:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not sure if this is something that can be adjusted in my Silverado, but when i listen to xm radio it sounds distant. As soon as i put a cd in with out adjusting the volume IT GETS REAL LOUD. I 've talked to a few other people I know with different types of GM vehicles and they claim its the same for them.
It was like that in my F150 with Sirius. I think that's just a satelite radio thing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know I am piggy backing...

-HIDs optional
-Performance exhaust
-small deck spoiler
-the rim package seen on the concept
-I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of the twin stripes as seen on bumble bee, perhaps black with dark gray stripes

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The following are the things I want most
-Integrate reverse lights
-Lip spoiler, no big wing
-Hardrive for music
-LS3 or greater with flexfuel and AFM, but I want flex for sure
-HID headlights
-Don't take away tunability, that is why many of us buy these cars;)
-Halo headlights as daytime running lights

The following are things I would like to see
-LED tail lamps
-HID color interior and reverse lights
-I don't care for the scoop in the hood too much, but could live with it. Or I could just have it filled in myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the...
-Window motors to work better and longer than the 4th gen
-Quality of plastic used inside will not crack
-I know its going to have IRS but maybe an IRS that can take some punishment (POS 10 bolt left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths)
-Radio, ash tray, cd player, xm, On star all optional not standard
-Standard HID, LED lights
-4 piston front Brembo brakes, 2 piston rear, blank rotors
-No side impact air bags... if so make them optional
-Keep weight at 3500 or less. (I could only pray)
- LS3.. 400+ HP
-Racing Seats... something like what the new cobalt has.
-Pricing... make the pricing competative... if you don't it may be hard to sell the current Trans Am I have and talk to the wife about buying a new Camaro.
-Embrace the aftermarket!
-No HUD or any other crap... make it simple with options and a lot of powa!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I understand a lot of stuff is left for aftermarket sales however there are a few things from the factory I wouldnt mind having.

LS3 :D
Lip Spoiler
MP3 ipod connection into the factory Radio. upgraded version of course !
Concepts Headlights ;););)

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's a

3 hour drive! How is riding in the rear seat???
Please have a navigation option.
HUD
Bluetooth

:)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts