Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone bought/installed the aluminum belly pan that classic industries is selling? seems like a good idea in order to keep the engine bay semi-clean !

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
I wonder if it reduces drag any?

...from their web site.

$99.99

2010-11 CAMARO ALUMINUM BELLY PAN

If there’s one area the Generation Five Camaro needs improvement in, it’s aerodynamics. Classic Industries has the solution, this high quality aluminum belly pan for the Generation Five Camaro. This closeout panel, which installs onto the bottom of the forward frame in minutes, encloses the bottom of the car between the front valance and K-member. Manufactured from high grade aluminum and is engineered to help keep the engine cooler and also reduce aerodynamic drag by cleaning up underbody air flow. What’s better is that this closeout panel will not only improve your aerodynamics, but your engine will stay clean longer because this closeout panel will reduce road dust in your engine compartment. This belly pan measures 26 1/2" X 22", does not block oil-plug access, is available exclusively in silver satin anodized aluminum and includes mounting hardware.

We need a test of this. If it installs with no permanent mods and really reduces drag, it'd be a winner!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Okay...I'll be the guinea pig...lol...I ordered mine today and they're in stock so it should be here in a few days. I'm not 100% sure on this one...especially since there were no pictures available...but I can return it within 30 days and shipping was $18. The sales rep couldn't answer my question about whether or not I would have to do any modifications on my car to install it...he just said it came with all the mounting hardware and he didn't think so.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures when it arrives and after installation if it makes it that far. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there's a picture on the first page of their catalog.it looks like maybe six points of attachments to secure it .it's one of their "new products".i'm going to be ordering one soon;i was just curious about it. i guess we'll all be looking for your "product review",Envy !

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Okay...I'll be the guinea pig...lol...I ordered mine today and they're in stock so it should be here in a few days. I'm not 100% sure on this one...especially since there were no pictures available...but I can return it within 30 days and shipping was $18. The sales rep couldn't answer my question about whether or not I would have to do any modifications on my car to install it...he just said it came with all the mounting hardware and he didn't think so.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures when it arrives and after installation if it makes it that far. :D

Are you going to have it painted to match Envy? And just to give you some reassurance, I've been a customer of Classic Industries for over a decade, returned many items, and their customer support is one of the best. So, if you're not satisfied, I'm sure they would take it back.... :thumbsup:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Are you going to have it painted to match Envy? And just to give you some reassurance, I've been a customer of Classic Industries for over a decade, returned many items, and their customer support is one of the best. So, if you're not satisfied, I'm sure they would take it back.... :thumbsup:
Not sure yet...I'll have to see it...but I'm leaning more towards chroming it. I think chrome is so much more durable than paint and easy to maintain. (Still not even the tiniest scratch on my wheels so far and I've abused them pretty badly :eek:) Since this goes on the underside (where I assume rock pings, etc. are even more likely) I want to be careful. I will definitely install it before making any decisions. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
just showingthat they atleast have a picture posted of what your buying. if classic industries post a picture, it will make people feel better about what their buying.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts