Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys are any of you noticing the car being sluggish or hesitating in the cold when she starts? My car will start and after I get moving it feels pretty crappy. It is really hard to describe the issue but it is happening more frequently. It is like the engine is missing or cannot maintain a low cruse without shaking.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
is it OK once it gets warmed up?

mine definitely feels a little more "crisp" in the cold air. I usually go easy on it until it's warmed up but I haven't noticed any sluggishness. Bad gas maybe? The winter blend of gas also started a few weeks ago in the cold areas, maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It takes about 30 min after already sitting for 5 min before I go anywhere. I know that the cold air is better for performance but i think I am having an issue because thats not the only thing wrong. Made an appointment for service. She goes in on Monday so I will let you know.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
bad gas?

run your tank down LOW, re-fill with good quality premium fuel, and do a fuse pull/battery disconnect to reset the ECM. might surprise you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Jewel I only fill with 93 octane and the car has been doing this for 3 tanks and even with the fuse pull. I have tried a lot of stuff so thats why I am taking it to the shop. Thanks for all the input guys! Thats why I am on this forum its the most helpful :5go:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Yes, I'd say something is wrong. Might be a vacuum leak or something like that or maybe your thermostat is stuck open not allowing the motor to warm up. Hopefully they'll figure it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Powerfreak that's kinda what I was thinking. I'm leaning toward vacuum leak due to some idle issues too. Thanks for the insight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts