Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
TT for me, i will never go back to sc, i still have an old p600b, that has been stored for years, ever since i built my t76 system for my ws6, i was convinced there was nothing better.
one word -MBC- is all it takes to win over pretty much anything, sc cars included, add race gas, turn the knob, :eek:
sc psi is fixed at all times

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Does any one have any write ups on turbos and superchargers? How they work maybe some diagrams?

·
Registered
1 Posts
why does everyone think sc's are so inefficient??? some of the new designs are reaching efficiency levels of turbochargers.. and still have instant boost

·
Registered
646 Posts
depends what supercharger you are talking about , but a supercharger will never be as efficient as a turbo.

If I have the $$ after buying the car, I plan to do a twin turbo kit. I already have ideas on how I want it mocked up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love the old Turbo/SC debate, but, as has been stated, it all comes down to opinon. Even within the S/C community there are heated debates between centri guys and roots/twin screw guys. Undeniably, the TT and the centris make the prettiest numbers. I personally am a roots/twin screw S/C guy becuase I like the way torque curve looks. I had a maggie on my '01 C5 and loved it. Prior to installing the maggie I drove and was driven in STS, APS TT, vortech, procharger, paxtons, maggie and even 1 Kenne Bell motivated C5, and I simply did not like the power delivery of the TTs or centris, even though, in most applications, they make more peak power and torque. Just my driving style I guess. Honestly, I loved the KB but chose to go the slightly cheaper route with roots. As a side note, the new Gen VI eaton on the LS9 promises to be nearly as efficient as turbo, but the torque curve is as flat as a **** table from 1500rpm on. See the 4th post down on this link:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1892618

·
Registered
30 Posts
GM needs to offer a supercharger for the LS-3 in the Camaro and G8. GMPP needs to do this and offer it with a warranty like our competitor does,WTF!:mad:
Magnacharger uses the same eaton housings that you would be getting on a cts-v and/or a zr1. That system will be available before you know it for the camaro. We have had it on our g8 for over a year now and its phenomenal.

As long as its installed by an authorized dealer, you can option a 3/36 power train warranty.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

21 - 30 of 30 Posts