Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Yeah, it is a little unfortunate that all cars have gotten so expensive and nice ones are really, really expensive ... I'm pretty sure it is going to be a long while before I buy another car, mostly because I need some cars to die first lol and then its going to be close to retirement. I am also pretty sure I'll never again spend as much as I did on my Camaro ... welcome back vintage

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I tried to get the Mods to not ban ya man! I wasn't bothered by what ya said. Welcome back and yeah the 2003-2004 Mach1 is legendary lmao. :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to get the Mods to not ban ya man! I wasn't bothered by what ya said. Welcome back and yeah the 2003-2004 Mach1 is legendary lmao. :)

Its all good man, I dont mean anything literally by any of this. I just like to stir the pot a little bit is all.

I like Ford's and Chevy's, I will drive one or the other until I cannot drive no more!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it is a little unfortunate that all cars have gotten so expensive and nice ones are really, really expensive ... I'm pretty sure it is going to be a long while before I buy another car, mostly because I need some cars to die first lol and then its going to be close to retirement. I am also pretty sure I'll never again spend as much as I did on my Camaro ... welcome back vintage
Thanks I appreciate it, I agree these cars, Camaro's, Mustang's, Vette's are getting really out of hand in price and GM & Ford wonder why people dont buy them like they used to...Its because they are too much money!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hey Vintage, I'm glad you're back!! Ford's line-up looks exciting. I'd be more interested in what the cars are actually going to look like. And definitely more interested in the engine packages they will all have. Chevy might have their work cut out for them...

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Looks like an exciting time to be a muscle car fan.

BUT, like with the new XBox, I'm out of the pool.

Crap is just getting crazy, expensive anymore and my ZL1 is the last shot in the gun for muscle cars.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like an exciting time to be a muscle car fan.

BUT, like with the new XBox, I'm out of the pool.

Crap is just getting crazy, expensive anymore and my ZL1 is the last shot in the gun for muscle cars.
Yea the prices are getting way out of hand. Only the wealthy are gonna be able to afford these before long.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Vintage, I'm glad you're back!! Ford's line-up looks exciting. I'd be more interested in what the cars are actually going to look like. And definitely more interested in the engine packages they will all have. Chevy might have their work cut out for them...

Yea im real interested to see the new Mustang. I dont think Ford is gonna do anything to radical but they are gonna move the car forward to appeal to European buyers and try and keep USA buyers happy as well, its gonna be tough to please both.

I dont think Ford or Chevy is gonna get way ahead in the HP race I think its a matter of which brand you prefer and then just pick your poison.

I did hear that Fiat may do away with Dodge altogether since the only 2 Dodges that sell very well are the new Dodge Dart and the Challenger and thats one reason that the "Ram" trucks have broken off completely from Dodge. They said that Fiat will only keep Chrysler but no decisions have been made up to this point....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hints why I stay "Old Muscle".... I can't afford all this new technology. All though I do dream from time to time... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Comes down to what they also will look like. Will it look like a ricer or American Iron. That will determine my buying decision.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea im real interested to see the new Mustang. I dont think Ford is gonna do anything to radical but they are gonna move the car forward to appeal to European buyers and try and keep USA buyers happy as well, its gonna be tough to please both.

I dont think Ford or Chevy is gonna get way ahead in the HP race I think its a matter of which brand you prefer and then just pick your poison.

I did hear that Fiat may do away with Dodge altogether since the only 2 Dodges that sell very well are the new Dodge Dart and the Challenger and thats one reason that the "Ram" trucks have broken off completely from Dodge. They said that Fiat will only keep Chrysler but no decisions have been made up to this point....
I say screw European drivers.:lol:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hints why I stay "Old Muscle".... I can't afford all this new technology. All though I do dream from time to time... :thumbsup:
Yea I can agree with that. With all the money ive spent over the years on cars, I would like to have just half of it back but even now days if you buy a 60's or early 70's camaro or mustang they cost way more than a new one.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Oh im not a Chevy hater dude, ive owned them all. Ive just had better luck with Ford.

And I absolutely refuse to buy Rice but back in the day when I raced MotoX all I rode was Japanese...Go figure.

I think Ford and Chevy gotta appeal to the European market, its huge and they can make a ton of money by accessing that market and use the name Camaro & Mustang as selling points because Europeans love those cars!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I agree. I don't like ANYTHING they make over there. I don't understand why we're supposed to be soo American, yet I constanlt hear about us designing our cars to appeal to the European market, yet all they do is bash everything we have and do over here. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally think European cars are the most boring, flat, soulless cars on the planet. You can't even do anything to them. Our cars stand out and are modifiable from the engine and trans to the interior and exterior and then some. You can't do **** to their cars. I know they just want to make more money by dipping in to the market over there. But don't bring that stupid crap over here.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree. I don't like ANYTHING they make over there. I don't understand why we're supposed to be soo American, yet I constanlt hear about us designing our cars to appeal to the European market, yet all they do is bash everything we have and do over here. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally think European cars are the most boring, flat, soulless cars on the planet. You can't even do anything to them. Our cars stand out and are modifiable from the engine and trans to the interior and exterior and then some. You can't do **** to their cars. I know they just want to make more money by dipping in to the market over there. But don't bring that stupid crap over here.
LOL....well I like some of those BMW's and Mercedes' but im not gonna spend my money on one, I would much rather spend my money on a Shelby, Vette or Camaro than any Mercedes or BMW...

I was watching this show on Velocity and I forgot the name but its these 2 guys from England and they rebuild used cars and resell them and sometimes they do a American car and they always talk about how bad our cars are built and how bad the electric systems are on American cars and I am like WTF?, British cars are the absolute worst but I guess they are so brainwashed they dont know any better.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
They have no right to talk about our cars at all. Back in the 80s and 90s the European cars were a complete disaster to work on. Whether it was an oil change or simply taking the wheels off. Their wheels were bolted on with those stupid bull**** nut/bolts. And they always ended up getting cross threaded. Some of those cars had those retarded turbo diesel engines that could not get out of their own way and sounded like total garbage. Their suspension was ****, aligning them was darn near impossible. And any simple maintenance that we could do on our cars in a few minutes ended getting soo screwed up that their cars would have to sit in shops for hours and sometimes days. I used to DREAD it when one of those cars would show up. And at one point I told my shop manager I would never work on those cars again. Granted their cars are better now. But doing work on them is still ridiculous compared to working on our cars. I will NEVER own a European car.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
You have to admit those Italians make some beautiful cars! (Fiat doesn't count!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts