Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wasn't the Falcon the two door Galaxy? Didn't the Mustang replace the Falcon, so in essence, a four door falcon now would be the equivalent of a 4 door Mustang?
I think the global Flacon there talking about for 2011-12 is going to be the architecture for the new mustang just like Zeta is G8 and Camaro and just like challanger and charger.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
:lol: Look what I just found:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ww.autonews.com+1128&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

Interceptor: Ford is exploring the development of modern rear-drive sedans for Ford and Lincoln. Ford executives are interested in a sedan resembling the Ford Interceptor concept that debuted at the Detroit auto show. They could tap a global rwd platform being developed in Australia. But new corporate average fuel economy rules expected to be enacted could dampen enthusiasm for rwd products.

Mustang: Ford continues to plan special-edition models. The Shelby GT500 KR will go on sale in spring 2008. A Bullitt model also is planned sometime in 2008.

A reskinned Mustang is planned for the 2010 model year. Interior upgrades and improvements in ride and handling are slated.

A redesigned Mustang is likely around the 2012 or 2013 model year. Ford could put the next-generation Mustang on the global rwd platform being developed in Australia.

I think this would make Mustang = Camaro Intercepter = G8/impala

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I actually LIKE the Interceptor concept. Which is a pretty much 100% guarantee that Ford will radically change it to make it look like ass. :p

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I actually LIKE the Interceptor concept. Which is a pretty much 100% guarantee that Ford will radically change it to make it look like ass. :p
I like it too.
Let's hope they build it and keep it true in design to the concept.
Unlike the Mustang.... the Concept was hot, but the production car is dumbed down alot.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The falcon in the states was a good idea. Today, the only ass Ford is good at kicking is its own. The Ness platform is the senior citizen of the line and facing death; so Ford is shooting itself in the foot by not having a trendy 4 door rwd to compete.

Here's the thing, if I can be tempted by the G8 while planning on getting a camaro; a falcon could do the same for someone who is planning heavily on a mustang. These kinda things from ford leads me to believe that the executives are not the brightest crayons in the box.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
Holy cow, that concept would be BADASS in black! :eek:

It seems like all car companies make decent concepts then turn out crap production cars. I'm very glad (and genuinely surprised) that isn't the case with the 5th-gen.

For example, the Jaguar C-XF concept gave me a boner every time I saw a pic, but then they put the fugliest headlights onto the production version (XF)... :BangHead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.