Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I keep seeing the Ford commercials, and their new in-car gadget, the voice activated "Sync" system. I'm a gadget freak as it is, so I really want something like this. Anyone know if GM is planning their own system? I sure hope so. I don't want to do aftermarket, I would like to have this as an option.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mean we need Microsoft, but a voice activated system that interacted with your MP3 player and Bluetooth phone would be nice. I guess I mean a non-human OnStar.

The Acuras have had them for several years.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but I'm a geek. Gadgets are worth the hassle. And it's not like Microsoft works 100% of the time anyways. :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
The thing is, the whole Microsoft Sync thing..well...only works with Microsoft products..such as the Zune.
I heard that it works with iPods but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. :D

Regardless, we know how well MS voice recognition works. :lol:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
we have onstar in our suburban and it has the voice activated phone and stuff... and i like those features a lot. but i don't own an ipod or mp3 player so i really have no need (or desire) for that. but i can see how some people would like it. i'm sure GM will have an answer for ford's sync in the near future.

it does make me chuckle though whenever i see the commercial cuz when they use the phone feature i'm like, "mine already does that. :p "

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
The same thing can be done basically with voice recognition, a bluetooth connection, and a microphone, and let the user use his own devices to connect via bluetooth.

Like said before, some Acuras have a system just like that. No restrictions of devices, and very user friendly.

Would be very cool to see!

·
Registered
637 Posts
As well as Microsoft (doesnt) work on my PC's, I would be scared to have it in my car!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Microsoft ANYTHING running ANYTHING in my car is a big NO NO for me. Considering what they are putting out now is CRAP. Vista is definitely a joke and so them giving Ford some "technology" is a bigger joke. If anything a Mac system would be far more superior but like said above.... by the time I get what I need out of my mouth I could have pushed a button and been done with it.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hehe, could you see the PC vs. Mac commercials done in a Ford vs. Chevy fashion, if GM made a deal with Apple to put a Mac system in their cars? That would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
They were showing it on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition the other day. They gave someone a Taurus X with it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Hehe, could you see the PC vs. Mac commercials done in a Ford vs. Chevy fashion, if GM made a deal with Apple to put a Mac system in their cars? That would be great!
I would never buy a GM again. :p

I would rather have a Linux-based system in GM where I would have to painstakingly type EVERY SINGLE LITTLE COMMAND into it (NO DOUBLE CLICKING FOR YOU!) than see a MAC and GM logo on the same vehicle.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Microsoft + Ford = A car who's only impressive ability is to find it's own way to the closest Dealer service time after time after time.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Ford.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
While driving a microsoft mustang it:

-randomly crashes
-ask if its ok to put on the left turn signal several times before doing so
-says you are performing an illegal action while sitting at a red light
-when a friend tries to get in, it asks a million times if you are sure that you want to let them in
-after getting your ass handed to you by a 2010 Camaro, it ask if you would like to report an error

Just some stuff Ive thought of. :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
theres this program called Streetdeck, it looks pretty cool. and im saving up a OQO UMPC, so it orks with that so i want to intagrade it into my camaro :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts