Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably old news but i read a write-up in my local paper last week re the camaro and the article stated that the gauge cluster on the console will be an option and not standard (makes sense i suppose from a cost stand point)...do we know if this is so?

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, it supposedly is one of the things that going to LT2 or SS2 gives you. I guess that means they wont be available on the LS.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
GTC, like geerhead mentioned in the other thread, was a Fuel Pressure gauge ever thought of? Trans Temp is kinda out there, although I bet it's an off-the-shelf item from the Tahoe bin, huh?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't know what was considered
As with most new cars, there is a list of readouts that exist in the car's computer system.
The selection was made from what was available on the list.. not exactly off the shelf from another car...but as always, limited to what's feasible.

·
Registered
347 Posts
IMHO the gauge cluster is virtually useless and asthetic. But i do agree it would make a great storage area...or it might make a kool place to dock an ipod... i know thats not a feature but it would be kool

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i never know when someone is yanking my chain or is for real: is a torque gauge supposed to be included in the console cluster group? and if so, what the hell IS a torque gauge?

jackg
06 sts6

ps: i agree with the comment that the gauge cluster is almost useless in that locale, but it's a nice throwback to the original camaro.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Its a useless novelty better replaced by a tranny temp gauge :D
Which, unless you are towing something, is another useless gauge.

A torque gauge measures the engine torque at that instant (hence the name :) ). It's more of a novelty, than anything useful. Maybe a "g" meter would have been better?

Anyways, it sounds like it was just on the prototypes, and it won't be in production.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Which, unless you are towing something, is another useless gauge.

A torque gauge measures the engine torque at that instant (hence the name :) ). It's more of a novelty, than anything useful. Maybe a "g" meter would have been better?

Anyways, it sounds like it was just on the prototypes, and it won't be in production.
that is what i thought when i first saw the tourqe gauge.. i thought it would be sick to see a "G" meter

·
Registered
104 Posts
The torque gauge would of been a nice lil novelty at first but I would never see a point in having it, a trans temp gauge can be useful if your looking to do some racing.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I think I'd rather have a fuel pressure gauge.

Hopefully someone will make aftermarket replacements...maybe a "boost" gauge...:roxor:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
You can always slap a boost guage in its place when somebody installs a turbo.

SF
Rick
that's exactly what I meant...although I'd go with a supercharger.:eek::D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the gauge cluster is kind of pointless, I understand that it is part of the retro styling but it is not needed IMO. Now, if the car was boosted that would be another story.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
personally, I like the gauges...don't really understand why some hate them so much, but you're all entitled.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts