Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am selling my 416 EX thats slightly worked to my best friend for 2300$... it somehwhat a steal but w/e. with that money i plan on buying a new quad a few weeks after he gets he gets his which should be this weekend. I want a 450 size quad. The raptors are too big for me and so are the Predators. im only 5'6'' and weigh 160lbs. But i kinda have it narrowed down to the 450R (Honda) and the YZF450 (Yamaha). On paper they look like the same. variations in carbs and suspension length. I believe this friday me and my friend are going to a Yamaha/Honda dealer so we can compare both next to each other. maybe even ride them a little. But i want the opionion of people who rode both. Im leaving towards one for the reason that many vendors are there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not sure about the sport quads but I chose the Yamaha over the Honda when I bought my hunting bike last November. I got the Big Bear 400 cause it is better equiped than the Honda's in the same engine class. I love this bike.....tons of power, IRS, push button 4x4 & diff lock & ITP Mudlites from the factory. My bike is taller than my brother'n laws Honda Rancher w/27" ITP Outlaws. I have already pulled him out of 2.5' of water & mud w/no problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are going to go for a sport quad then i would go with the Yamaha. But if you can wait a bit till the summer then you can pick up a new Kawasaki 450. If you haven't seen it yet then i suggest going here www.Kawasaki.com it has all the goods reverse 450cc motor from the kx450 and it looks HOT!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts