Discussion Starter #1
You were saying.

BTW, I love your signature.

That two tone is correct.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
LMAO! I If you make it I will come!

Anyways, my personal hobbies are Computers, Guitar, and the most important, Cars.....

Primarily, I suck at guitar, I am a whiz with the PC. And Cars... yeah I think you saw my LTD, but I don't want to put anything bigger then 18 inch rims on it:thumbsup:

SIG: Yeah I made those here at work. Both of them. Avatar and Sig.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
54inches said:
Sweet. Keep it up!

I came through your neck of the woods the summer of 97 Racing Solar cars across the country, when I was in college.

I love the midwest in the summer!
Thanks. I love the midwest in the summer too. I also part of the Purdue FSAE (Formula Society of Automotive Engineers) team. I joined so I could learn more about cars. Have done alot of machining work and have really enjoyed the experience so far. If you are interested, we compete in May at Michigan International Speedway for FSAE.

I'll post up pics of the battleship. Its got about 4000 pieces to it. I've already built this model once when I was 11. The movers destroyed it when we moved to IN when I was 18.

Attachments

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I love the midwest in the summer too. I also part of the Purdue FSAE (Formula Society of Automotive Engineers) team. I joined so I could learn more about cars. Have done alot of machining work and have really enjoyed the experience so far. If you are interested, we compete in May at Michigan International Speedway for FSAE.
Yeah, I have been telling myself for years, that I need to treavel to some car shows and stuff with the family, but with small kids it's hard.

Jaxon, my 7yr old would love it.

I took him to a swap meet this weekend and it was a good time.

My wife is really not into cars that much, but loved my Camaro and loves my Suburban.

What is the competition about?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Uhm, those are nice rims, but I am not really into the mustang 5 spoke setup like that. I will probably go with some Spoke Rims, that look good..... I know hard to find.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yeah, I have been telling myself for years, that I need to treavel to some car shows and stuff with the family, but with small kids it's hard.

Jaxon, my 7yr old would love it.

I took him to a swap meet this weekend and it was a good time.

My wife is really not into cars that much, but loved my Camaro and loves my Suburban.

What is the competition about?
In FSAE we design and build a Formula style race car and race them against colleges from all over the world.

Heres our teams site:

https://engineering.purdue.edu/SAE/fsae/index.php

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well then go get a **** bently front and call yourself snoop. :lol: Kidding...you have a 2 door LTD...Thats more of sporty edition right?
I am going to ask you nicely to stay out of my thread.

I will do the same for you.

I do not like you one bit and you do not like me, so let's just stay out of each other's way.

At this point I feel like you are provoking me and I will not stand for it.

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've got a Solar Racing team too. But I enjoy getting to work on a car that can outrun a Ferrari and its only a garage project.
Right!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am going to ask you nicely to stay out of my thread.

I will do the same for you.

I do not like you one bit and you do not like me, so let's just stay out of each other's way.

At this point I feel like you are provoking me and I will not stand for it.
haha! I feel the same! Although..... to Tact..... My LTD came with Spoked hubcaps when bought, they are what go with the car. You are just like those ricerboys out there want to do stupid stuff to make a car go fast. IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! Jesus...... Go get your "mustang 5.0" and leave me be child.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Those 'formula' cars are friggin awesome! I would pay just to be able to drive one. Dave nailed it.......gokarts on steroids! Talk about a power:weight ratio!:cool:
I wouldn't call what we make a gokart on steroids at all. That's what Baja SAE is like. FSAE is more like we shrank an already existing F1 car. When your car uses carbon fiber suspension components, is made exclusivly from 4130 tube, and is powered by a 4 cylinder 600cc motorcycle engine its safe to safe that it ain't no go kart on roids. Plus, we turn 1.4g on the skid pad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts