Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hit the halfway done mark on Monday this week. They're erecting & pouring a floor a week now. They're also glazing almost a floor a week as well. They're expected to top it out in 2011 and be finished by 2013. Hard to imagine that in 9yrs we'd be halfway done with rebuilding there.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
once they actually started building, construction has gone pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well, Im working there now with 5 star electric. I hope to be here to the end. The entire project isnt slated to be done until 2037 did anyone know that?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Well, Im working there now with 5 star electric. I hope to be here to the end. The entire project isnt slated to be done until 2037 did anyone know that?
that's just what they tell everyone so when they finish in 2035, it'll be ahead of schedule.:D

·
Registered
382 Posts
that's just what they tell everyone so when they finish in 2035, it'll be ahead of schedule.:D
Kinda sad that it's taken even this long when the TWIN Towers were BOTH finished in just under 12 years, and that's from concept to completion! Kinda embarrassing that the greatest country in the world, with some of the newest construction technologies, can't approve, design, and build one tower and surrounding facilities any faster than they did starting back in 1962. very sad indeed. :( :( :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
Kinda sad that it's taken even this long when the TWIN Towers were BOTH finished in just under 12 years, and that's from concept to completion! Kinda embarrassing that the greatest country in the world, with some of the newest construction technologies, can't approve, design, and build one tower and surrounding facilities any faster than they did starting back in 1962. very sad indeed. :( :( :(
Not really. We have much stricter laws now and things take longer to get approved. Plus I'm sure they're building it so that it doesn't crumble like a block of Legos.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Define entire project. The Freedom tower website states the tower will be finished and ready for occupancy Q3 of 2013. Are you refering to the plans that Donald Trump and others are floating of rebuilding the Twin Towers themselves in addition to the Freedom tower?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Define entire project. The Freedom tower website states the tower will be finished and ready for occupancy Q3 of 2013. Are you refering to the plans that Donald Trump and others are floating of rebuilding the Twin Towers themselves in addition to the Freedom tower?
The entire project. That is the completion of the entire 16 acre site. The freedom tower is just the start.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have been following the construction daily since they started. WRAITHSS, just how reliable are you of a source? I am involved with forums on 1WTC
I know alot of big wigs and that is what the story is. Consideing it took this long to get this much approved Im not surprised but more like really disappointed..:(

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not really. We have much stricter laws now and things take longer to get approved. Plus I'm sure they're building it so that it doesn't crumble like a block of Legos.
Its not that at all. Everyone is fighting every little part of this project to get what they want. In the old days this was just another construction site and there werent all these a**holes involved. From 1968 till now buliding codes have changed but very little. If anything with perfab construction and module design things are 10x faster. Its just everyone with there nose up eachothers a** to show they had something to do with this and get the money and free press from it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The entire project. That is the completion of the entire 16 acre site. The freedom tower is just the start.
That makes much more sense then. I can see why that would take forever. How many different phases of construction are scheduled to take place?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That makes much more sense then. I can see why that would take forever. How many different phases of construction are scheduled to take place?
Not sure. But there are alot. Some will be going on at the same time and some are waiting on others. Its nuts.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Good to hear. Make sure the ironworkers who top out the tower are wearing these when they set that last piece of steel:

Thats my shirt.

Anyways we should build a mosque at the top of it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts