Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Porter Cable out, removed all the swirls, and tossed a coat of wax on the car. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Amazes me how bad a dealership can screw up the paint on a brand new car. Their lot boy musta washed mine with a scouring pad, it was horrible looking. Got it out in the sun, before it disappeared behind the clouds, not a swirl to be found. So I backed er back into the garage, where it'll sit till the rain goes away.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Got my Porter Cable out, removed all the swirls, and tossed a coat of wax on the car. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Amazes me how bad a dealership can screw up the paint on a brand new car. Their lot boy musta washed mine with a scouring pad, it was horrible looking. Got it out in the sun, before it disappeared behind the clouds, not a swirl to be found. So I backed er back into the garage, where it'll sit till the rain goes away.
Looks great! My dealership did the same thing... there are like permanent swirls on my FLAT BLACK stripes :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Wonderful ! I'm just glad my Black HHR did not see me reading this tread! It feels neglected lately....:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Looks good. Amazing how all lots have that problem. Exactly the reason I don't let them detail them if I buy one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow you got a good shine going on there.Hows the grandson like riding in the Camaro!:thumbsup:
Thanks bud. He actually aint been in it yet, but my wife sat in the back seat on the way to a funeral, so my son could ride up front. I asked her if the back seat was useable, she claims it was comforable.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes its horrible

Im gonna try to do mine too
I used a PC, with Lake Country pads. Started with the blue Cyan pad using Meguiars Scratch X, switched to the Tangerine using Meguiars Ultimate Compound, then applied some Meguiars Gold Class Carnuba Plus. Like I said, I'm very happy with it, it was absolutely horrible looking. I managed to get it outside in the sun before the clouds rolled in, no more swirls. Best of luck to ya.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wonderful ! I'm just glad my Black HHR did not see me reading this tread! It feels neglected lately....:eek:
I'm kinda OCD about two things, my cars, and yards. A dirty car drives me nuts, just can't have it, and if the paints swirled, I'll lose sleep :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts