Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10:24 [Comment From Sebert ]
R6P Camaro orders, there seems to be much confusion as to why some of the early order customers are Waiting for the cars while people can by them at dealers.

10:25 Fritz Henderson:
the response to camaro by dealers and customers has been fantastic. we plan to continue to ramp up production at our oshawa complex and fill orders as soon as possible. in the meantime I suggest you continue to speak with your dealers regarding specific orders while we run fast to get production ramped.

go figure!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
about dealer closings..........

10:21 [Comment From BP ]
Is there a list of dealers who will be closed? Where can it be found?

10:21 Fritz Henderson:
we plan to communicate later this week to dealers. such a list is not available today.

everyone pray for Classic and Newman as well as our own above board local dealerships..................:thumbsup:

oh, btw............dealers wont go under immediately..........dealers and GM will work out details to be completed by years end, per MSNBC.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plant closings.................

10:41 [Comment From Michael ]
When can we expect to see the next round of plant closings announced?

10:42 Fritz Henderson:
we are in dialogue with the uaw and do not expect to notify individual plants until we conclude such discussions

burns my ass................SHUT DOWN MEXICO PLANTS!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
doom and gloom my friends................doom and gloom.......:mad:

what did you expect?

just cross your fingers that things are indeed getting better and people can start buying cars again. I believe that once all this crap gets worked out, GM will emerge a stronger company. I am not one to let the sky fall on my head. :cool:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
10:21 [Comment From BP ]
Is there a list of dealers who will be closed? Where can it be found?

10:21 Fritz Henderson:
we plan to communicate later this week to dealers. such a list is not available today.

everyone pray for Classic and Newman as well as our own above board local dealerships..................:thumbsup:

oh, btw............dealers wont go under immediately..........dealers and GM will work out details to be completed by years end, per MSNBC.
Seeing as we are one of the best in the zone - and we have been a family owned dealership for over 33 years, I doubt we'd be eliminated. We're also not into GMAC for big bucks for a oversized inventory.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Seeing as we are one of the best in the zone - and we have been a family owned dealership for over 33 years, I doubt we'd be eliminated. We're also not into GMAC for big bucks for a oversized inventory.
Scott from what I have expierenced ordering products from you guys over the phone I can say that Yall were very helpful and got right to the point and got my product to me in No time :thumbsup:
I'm sure Newman has the same reputation as classic has in the DFW area.

I dont see either one of these dealerships going anywhere

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Family owned can bite you as well. It's those "always done it this way" dealerships that will be going away as well. I don't believe Newman is like that, but many generational dealerships that I am familiar with simply never changed with the times.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Family owned can bite you as well. It's those "always done it this way" dealerships that will be going away as well. I don't believe Newman is like that, but many generational dealerships that I am familiar with simply never changed with the times.
There are a number of dealership owners that plan to speak before Congress to make a case for being protected against closure, led by a family-owned dealer.

Who doesn't come begging Congress for hand-outs these days?

·
Registered
267 Posts
We do have a few people here that are a bit "old fashioned"......those people and I don't always tend to see eye to eye......sometimes you have to try something new...gamble a little.

I fight this battle for 8-10 hours a day. I have already been told that I have too much Camaro inventory and need to cut back on what I stock! :mad:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We do have a few people here that are a bit "old fashioned"......those people and I don't always tend to see eye to eye......sometimes you have to try something new...gamble a little.

I fight this battle for 8-10 hours a day. I have already been told that I have too much Camaro inventory and need to cut back on what I stock! :mad:
ahhh the politics!

you'll show em though.............soon as mine comes in i'm driving up for ALL my accessories and to setup a full header back performance exhaust install.

1 - cuz your cheap

2 - just to meet you guyz

3- it'll be a nice drive in the Camaro!

the more members here that get theirs, the busier you'll be!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think he's referring to his accessory inventory.
Retail about $12k in accessories for the Camaro here......

It's all about having the accessory the customer wants, when they want it. I don't know about you, but I don't want to wait for something longer when I buy it. I'm sort of an impulse buyer, myself. True, I am shipping to you guys, but normally you have the parts within a week. If I order and my vendor doesn't have it, it could take 3-4 weeks :(

I like to be prepared!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

yeah well when it starts selling when folks get there cars and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ appears maybe they will think again.
Its called marketing and you know whats going to sell.
Keep up the good work diller :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts