Modern Camaro Forums banner

Is A front license plate on the 2010 Camaro a deal breaker for you?

Front license plate a deal breaker?

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  SDSammy 
A bigger gripe for me is dealer stickers. When I bought my wife's Odyssey, I thought about telling them to get me one without any dealer decals on the rear bumper. I didn't and, of course, it has "Sam Swope Honda" plastered on the liftgate. The thing is, they also put a plastic license plate frame on the rear tag with the dealer's name, as well as plastic license plates on both the front and the rear with the dealer's name. Talk about overkill. Although, I guess it works, because I still have the rear license plate frame on the car! I've been giving them free advertising with it for over two years now. My blood pressure's up thinking about it now. I think I'll take it off when I get home tonight.

At least dealers don't use those horrible metal badges anymore. The dealer where I bought my S-10 (Thoroughbred Chevrolet) just put a cheap plastic license plate in both the front and the rear holders. No stickers, though, and I would have installed the front plate anyway, so no big deal. I'll probably give them my business when I go to get my Camaro in a couple years, but I'll make sure I give them specific instructions to leave any and all of that crap off.

What I mean is if the dealer were to drill holes to mount the license plate holder on the front bumper after you telling them specifically not to do so, would you still buy the car or would you just say deals off and go elsewhere?
Since I'm planning to wait a couple years until the initial hysteria has faded, I would probably just be a huge jerk about it, throw a tantrum in the middle of the showroom floor, act like I'm going to walk out, and ultimately use it to chisel a few more hundred dollars off of the sticker price. I have no shame when it comes to getting the best deal I can on a new car.

Other than my 1996 Firebird, I've always ended up putting the front license plate bracket on the car at some point anyway. I guess it's not as big a deal to me as I thought it was when I first read the poll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.