Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving with the front plate displayed on the right side of the dash until I decide how I want to permanently mount it. But it reflects off the window and it doesn't look good sitting there. And I don't want to worry about getting pulled over. So, I decided to mount the bracket where the dealer would have mounted it --- but I didn't screw the bracket into the bumper. Not sure if I want to do that just yet. So, I drilled some holes into the bracket and attached it to the grill with 12 gauge insulated wire. I just thought the wire would be stronger than using cable ties. Anyway, the bracket appears to be holding snug for now. Obviously this is of no use to those who don't want to display the front plate on the bumper (which I can understand) , but if that is not an issue and you don't want to put holes in the bumper, it is an easy solution.
Just ordered C4MARO vanity plate as well. Looking forward to getting it and seeing what it looks like in person.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've been driving with the front plate displayed on the right side of the dash until I decide how I want to permanently mount it. But it reflects off the window and it doesn't look good sitting there. And I don't want to worry about getting pulled over. So, I decided to mount the bracket where the dealer would have mounted it --- but I didn't screw the bracket into the bumper. Not sure if I want to do that just yet. So, I drilled some holes into the bracket and attached it to the grill with 12 gauge insulated wire. I just thought the wire would be stronger than using cable ties. Anyway, the bracket appears to be holding snug for now. Obviously this is of no use to those who don't want to display the front plate on the bumper (which I can understand) , but if that is not an issue and you don't want to put holes in the bumper, it is an easy solution.
Just ordered C4MARO vanity plate as well. Looking forward to getting it and seeing what it looks like in person.

There is a Do It Yourself instructions on Camaro5 forum about mounting the front license plate using cable ties. Probably less likely of scratching your bumper. :thumbsup:

If you are willing to spend the money there is also a product that automatically hides the front license plate when ever you want.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Idk how the police in your area are, but where i live they are notorious for ball busting. A few years ago I took the front plate off my 94, and about 2 hrs went by before I was stopped so i put it back on. Its been about 2 months w/o with the new one and have not been stopped, hope i didnt just jynx myself. IMO if you didnt get pulled over for having the plate on your dash then you prob wont get stopped for just that. The plate in the windshield draws more attention then not having it on at all. All cops are different and obviously its up to you just wanted to give my .02. I just couldnt see putting the plate on.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I recently got my vanity plates, so I probably will mount the front one (just not drilling holes)...although a police officer who owns a 2010 camaro told me not to bother.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts