Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's called depreciation... No matter how nice a car is it depreciates right off the lot, so it will never be worth MSRP as a used car unless it's ultra rare and it's 30+ years old. Also custom paint and non-factory extras nearly never factor in with an informed buyer. What you do to a car to personalize it is your prerogative and in 99.98% of used car sales it will not affect the value of the vehicle no matter how much $$$ is in it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but mods are always the where the previous owner loses money, big time.

·
8,984 Posts
It's called depreciation... No matter how nice a car is it depreciates right off the lot, so it will never be worth MSRP as a used car unless it's ultra rare and it's 30+ years old. Also custom paint and non-factory extras nearly never factor in with an informed buyer. What you do to a car to personalize it is your prerogative and in 99.98% of used car sales it will not affect the value of the vehicle no matter how much $$$ is in it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but mods are always the where the previous owner loses money, big time.
Even though I agree, I don't think this appropriate. I believe once you drive a vehicle off the lot, it depreciates 20% which would make it in my mind worth 36k at the very most. But that is what I value it at.

I love the paint combo, but you might have been duped if you paid 9k.

KBB says 35K:

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/chevrolet/camaro/2010/retail-value/pricing-report?id=247949&equipment=4251266|true|2617259|true|2617261|true|4251265|true&condition=excellent&mileage=6800

IF you can supply the VIN, price would be more accurate.

With the paint you might get a few more thousand.

Is it a LS3 or L99?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
36K is a start but I wouldn't count out the extras. You might get an extra K or 2 for the paint and an extra K for the wheels. That would make it 39K. All it takes is the "right" buyer. They say there is one born every minute. Not to disrespect the car, but to emphisize the fact that if someone has the cash and likes what he or she sees, then you got a happy camper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The right buyer at the right price is out there, nothing wrong at all with your price. The real problem is finding that buyer; pretty good chance he/she is not looking for this car in this venue... best of luck with your sale... great looking ride!

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you are not in a hurry to sale stick with your price and OBO.
Otherwise I would start at $35,000. Options and add-ons usually don't add much more to the base price.

·
8,984 Posts
The title of the original post says it is 6m - so I would say that it is an LS3.
I would say you are right. Thanks bud! I didn't catch that.:rolleyes:

·
8,984 Posts
Good Price, ttt!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts