Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 9500 on my SS just wondering when is a good time to change the fuel filter?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The best time to change the fuel filter is during the middle of the day when there is plenty of light and it's warmer than at night time.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
The best time to change the fuel filter is during the middle of the day when there is plenty of light and it's warmer than at night time.
:lol:X2!

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
That's funny right therr.

Am curious about the recommended, though. Might have to change mine now, since I bought my car used. Probably never been done.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
^^ what he said, most vehicles after 2006 GM anyway, don't have fuel filters.
Well, it does have a filter/screen/contaminant container. It is just incorporated into the pump and not sold separately.... ;)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
226 Posts
MidnightSSS,

Yeah, I knew what you meant but I couldn't resist. I'm a wiseass at heart and that makes for some very unusual anatomical variations and confuses my primary care physician!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is not designed to be replaced/serviced. It is integral with the fuel pump. Only way to get a new one is to buy a new pump...
^^ what he said, most vehicles after 2006 GM anyway, don't have fuel filters.
Well, it does have a filter/screen/contaminant container. It is just incorporated into the pump and not sold separately.... ;)
i wasnt aware that it was with the pump, ok so i guess one less thing to change lol, once the pump goes then the filter gets changed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts