Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some other lists online have been incomplete, so.....

Here's the full list of GM Performance Parts & Accessories

Exterior Accessories
  • Vinyl Hood and Hockey Stripe available in 3 colors
  • Vinyl Rally stripes available in 5 colors
  • Ground effects package available in 5 colors
  • Rear diffuser available in 5 colors
  • High wing spoiler available in 5 colors
  • Blade spoiler available in 5 colors
  • Molded body-color splash guards
  • Grille insert
  • V6 and V8 engine covers available in 5 colors
  • Car cover with rally stripes
  • Chrome Fuel Door
  • 21-inch Black Painted wheels
  • 21-inch Chrome wheels
Interior Accessories
  • Auxiliary console gauges
  • Carbon trim kit
  • Body-colored lighted trim kit (Rally Yellow, Victory Red and Inferno Orange only)
  • Foot well and cupholder lighting
  • Door sill plates
  • Trunk Cargo Net
  • Premium Floormats for front and rear floor areas and trunk mat
  • Subwoofer Box with 2 MTX Subwoofers
Performance Accessories
  • Cold Air intake system
  • Cat-back exhaust system
  • Shorty Headers
  • Hurst short-throw shifter
Performance Parts for LS-based engines
  • Crate Engines
  • Engine Blocks
  • Assembled Heads
  • Valve Covers
  • Camshafts
  • Intake Manifolds
  • Head Gaskets

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
anyone with LS engine experience know the difference in gains with shorty-headers rather than long-tubes? If the price is right, I might just go with the shorty's right out of the gate...less headaches (headers are never "fun" to install), more ground clearance etc....unless of coarse long tubes make a BIG difference power-wise. If we're talking a 5 hp difference, not worth it IMO.

Maybe just my taste...but the body accessories and the rims are butt-ugly. I guess the grill is OK, but everything else, not for me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
if I get a GM performance cam installed from the dealer does this void the warranty? I suspect it does not. but I would like to hear from someone who knows.

·
Registered
86 Posts
anyone with LS engine experience know the difference in gains with shorty-headers rather than long-tubes? If the price is right, I might just go with the shorty's right out of the gate...less headaches (headers are never "fun" to install), more ground clearance etc....unless of coarse long tubes make a BIG difference power-wise. If we're talking a 5 hp difference, not worth it IMO.

Maybe just my taste...but the body accessories and the rims are butt-ugly. I guess the grill is OK, but everything else, not for me.
assuming its similar to LS1's, shorties are going to be about 10hp and LT's 25. Shorties are a waste, IMO, but its still cool they offer them.

headers are not hard to install on 4th gens and look even easier on these :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just a question I know no one can really answer, but might have some past experiance in..

If I get the SS, but order the mentioned ground effects, with this take the place of the standard front end of the SS model (see photo)? I hope so because I"ve never really liked the changed front end for the SS...

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Just a question I know no one can really answer, but might have some past experiance in..

If I get the SS, but order the mentioned ground effects, with this take the place of the standard front end of the SS model (see photo)? I hope so because I"ve never really liked the changed front end for the SS...

I doubt GM would change the whole fascia, Sean but I can tell you that the illustrated Camaro on the right showing the ground effects package is a V6 model. The quickest way to differentiate between the two models from the front (aside from the mailbox slot) is the distance between the fog lights and 'molded lip' on the fascia. The fogs on the SS's are farther from the 'molded lip', where on the V6's the 'molded lip' goes right underneath the fogs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So, let me get this straight. Is the accessory lighting the same as the ambient lighting in the 2SS, or is it different?

·
Registered
43 Posts
options galore

Man there are so many options how do i choose? Im sure if i add every option my car would weigh an extra 400lbs!!! and cost an added 10k.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2010

Black on black 2ss, 21inch black wheels, grey ralley stripes, navi/hud, not sure on sunroof yet?. I'll wait for aftermarket exhaust, headers, intake and super charger.

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info Tim. This info brings up a multitude of quandries, but it will keep my little mind busy until I can decide. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some other lists online have been incomplete, so.....

Here's the full list of GM Performance Parts & Accessories

Exterior Accessories
  • Vinyl Hood and Hockey Stripe available in 3 colors
  • Vinyl Rally stripes available in 5 colors
  • Ground effects package available in 5 colors
  • Rear diffuser available in 5 colors
  • High wing spoiler available in 5 colors
  • Blade spoiler available in 5 colors
  • Molded body-color splash guards
  • Grille insert
  • V6 and V8 engine covers available in 5 colors
  • Car cover with rally stripes
  • Chrome Fuel Door
  • 21-inch Black Painted wheels
  • 21-inch Chrome wheels
Does anyone know what the 5 colors are for these accessories? does the color have to match the body color? I ordered Silver Ice body, cyber gray stripes. Could I order a Cyber gray engine cover and spoiler as LPO accessories?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone purchased the cold air induction on their 4th gen Camaro? How much performance is added? I am thinking it gave the old GTO and 442's about 10 to 15 HP.

I was thinking about the ram air for my new camaro.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts