Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Is that a Cadillac engine cover? Awww SNAP Lulu!
There is the 3.6l 256hp base model CTS, too. :p

And that is a Caddy engine cover, this one is for the DI V6.

Looks to be the same engine.

MSN tripped me up with their wording, but when I read the whole thing:
"Note: The 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L SIDI pictured below is representative of the 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L SFI."

So that does seem to be the Direct Injected V6.

That one still has the placer-holder headlights it looks like, too.

WTF, a redline on the speedometer? :O

It looks like they might be re-tuning it a bit if it's the same engine. The tach shows a redline at 6000, but the Caddy DI V6 reaches peak HP at 6400. Which would be well into the redline for that camaro.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm loving the dash even more, but what's up with the low brake fluid? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pic with the vehicle key, doesn't it look like a remote starter? I can clearly see the door lock/ unlock buttons, the truck release and the panic button at the end in red, then the I think is the start button, right?

Didn't see a thread on this yet, so I thought I'd start one with a link to some photos of the engine bay. They're pretty fuzzy... but better than nothing.

http://jalopnik.com/349971/first-2009-chevy-camaro-engine-bay-photos-also-with-motion-blur

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I'm loving the dash even more, but what's up with the low brake fluid? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pic with the vehicle key, doesn't it look like a remote starter? I can clearly see the door lock/ unlock buttons, the truck release and the panic button at the end in red, then the I think is the start button, right?
The shift lever also kinda looks like an automatic from that angle.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Other details about the dash..

Did anyone notice that the selection switches for: windshield defrost, rear window defrost, & the settings for feet / dash / feet & dash are just that -SWITCHES as in electronic?

THAT IS AWESOME - just push a button for what you want instead of "turning the dial" from dash heat to defrost, etc...

Also, on the door, it looks like the mirror adjust switch is a little thumb joystick kinda thing....

this is gonna set new levels of bad-assedness on EVERY FRONT!!!!:roxor:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I knew the fuel gauges and oil temp gauges (important real-time info) would be in a primary "in your face" location. So they are redundant. :lol:

The halo is very cool. I figured a LCD screen would be the middle of the two gauges.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Man, I hope they use other fasteners instead of duct tape on the final dash. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
They aren't redundant because there isn't a fuel gauge on the console cluster anymore. :p
The same info is located in a second location. Im wouldnt be surprise if the center LCD isnt just for dummy lights (as most of them seem to be in located in tach and speedo), I bet it displays center console info and gear selection via a toggle selection or didplay rotation.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Good thing about a manual is that I already know which gear I'm in. :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts