Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just saw on the news gms plan to cut pontiac, saab, saturn, hummer... WTF are they thinking... they plan to focus on cadilac chevy gmc and buick.. um why ok saturn cheap afordible lets cut that.. GMC well its just a chevy with a different badge lets keep that!! and pontiac yeah i see more pontiacs on the roads then buicks so lets cut pontiac too... ok NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY GM IS GOING UNDER!!!!!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
well i just saw on the news gms plan to cut pontiac, saab, saturn, hummer... WTF are they thinking... they plan to focus on cadilac chevy gmc and buick.. um why ok saturn cheap afordible lets cut that.. GMC well its just a chevy with a different badge lets keep that!! and pontiac yeah i see more pontiacs on the roads then buicks so lets cut pontiac too... ok NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY GM IS GOING UNDER!!!!!
OK...take a deep breath...Buick is a huge seller in Asia so they wont be getting rid of them (unless they are sold off) and they wont just "cut" saab and hummer...they'll try to sell them. And as far as pontiac and saturn...I could see a few of the popular models that aren't exactly the same as exsisting chevy's (like the G8) get re-badged as chevy's.

·
8,984 Posts
And on top of that you are about a week behind everyone else on here......

·
2,774 Posts
Pontiac is not going it is going to be a nitch vehicle..

Trust me this is a good thing..and no Buick is making millions for GM in China.

·
Registered
132 Posts
GM would be better off with just Chevrolet and Cadillac being sold in the US. Drop all the rest. Better to have 15% of the market and be profitable than 22% and be upside down. Focus on styling, interiors, and super efficient engines.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gm has to do what is necessary to survive. They are not dropping pontiac. Saturn can go, Hummer will kill cafe, and saab has become somewhat of an undesirable car with higher than average maintenance costs. Gmc owners are usually die hard gmc fans. We still sell a ton of Denalis.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think all of their plans sound great. And I think making Pontiac a niche brand will do only good for the brand. No more crapping Pontiac crossover SUVs or rebadged Cobalts (no offense Luwinkle, I'm happy you got a good car, but if they had the sound system you wanted in the Cobalt I would assume that's where you would have gone first). I'm glad GM won't be watering itself down so much. Each brand can bring its best cars to the table and that's all.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Shunt in Trunk
46 Posts
Now he who is calling the kettle black is the one who is saying get a sac.
How tragic and sad when the person mentioning it has gone G.L.A.D.!

·
8,984 Posts
Get in the trunk monkey boy.

·
Shunt in Trunk
46 Posts
Oh no my fine sir 54. I am here to play! and 54 tonight I am here to stay :D

I am no mear monkey and boy you say? I have no idea why you would say?

But let me offer you a word of advice!
Sending me back to the trunk in not in the dice!
The price of Shunt is worth at least thrice!

·
8,984 Posts
I knew it, it's Dr. Seus and Vanilla Ice's love child.

·
2,774 Posts
and thats about that for this thread......and 54 I dont know how far that avatar is going to go with people on this site viewing from work.:confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.