12.9 im guessing or a tiny idi bit lower for camaro
which is good enough for me
considering the challenger can best run a 13.3
and mustang gt500 for 44000 12.5(ish)
camaro is only 30000 to 33000 so i think that is a bargain
but hey that's all my opinion

2009 PONTIAC G8 GXP
Base price $39,900 (est)
Price as tested $41,500 (6M, est), $40,800 (6A, est)
Vehicle layout Front-engine, RWD 5-pass, 4-door sedan
Engine 6.2L/415-hp*/415-lb-ft* OHV 16-valve V-8
Transmission 6-speed manual
Curb weight (f/r dist) 3969 lb (52/48%)
Wheelbase 114.8 in
Length x width x height 196.1 x 74.8 x 57.7 in
0-60 mph 4.5 sec
Quarter mile 13.0 sec @ 109.6 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph 117 ft
Lateral acceleration 0.90 g (avg)
MT Figure Eight 26.4 sec @ 0.70 g (avg)
EPA city/hwy fuel econ Not yet rated
On sale in U.S. February 2009

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
cant wait to see what some experienced racers do at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
132 Posts
While I love the G8 GT, which can now be bought loaded for about 27K, I think a 40K GXP is sorta stupid. Who's gonna pay that for a Pontiac made in Australia? Leave that price point for Cadillac.

·
Registered
897 Posts
While I love the G8 GT, which can now be bought loaded for about 27K, I think a 40K GXP is sorta stupid. Who's gonna pay that for a Pontiac made in Australia? Leave that price point for Cadillac.
If not for the Camaro, I'd be buying the GXP, I don't have a problem paying that much for that car. Its still a bargain. The fact that its not for everyone is why the price is so high, its more of a limited production type of car.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I was surprised by the price of the GXP and think it is a tad high (I could see 34-37ish, especially since it also carries a gas-guzzler tax)...BUT, I'd rather pay 40K for the GXP than 40k for the challenger.:p

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
If I had the income that could allow me $12000 more (even though that would just double my payments..I could have made it..barely) I would have gone for the GT.

Even though that would have nullified the reason I got a new car to begin with (better gas mileage).
But atleast I'd have a vehicle that had the power to back up the bad MPG. :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I was surprised by the price of the GXP and think it is a tad high (I could see 34-37ish, especially since it also carries a gas-guzzler tax)...BUT, I'd rather pay 40K for the GXP than 40k for the challenger.:p
I agree. I think the G8 GT is a much better deal. I heard with just a tune and switch to premium gas that frees up to 40hp. In one of my recent gm high tech mags g8 gt with only a tune an intake ran low 13's. Plus i really like the exterior look & design. If i didn't recently buy a CTS, i would of considered one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If they made the G8 GT in a 6M I would buy that instead of a camaro since I have kids. I cant afford a GXP. Instead I will have to pay off the tahoe, keep that and get my manual camaro SS.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
No offense I love the G8 and Pontiac but if I want 4 door mucle, I'm getting a Charger.

For $40k I'll spend it on a SRT8, when prices get that high, I'm buying on looks not performance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Have you seen a G8 in person? THen your paying about the same for a little slower car. The G8 GXP will be faster than the SRT8 and not as bloated looking. DOnt get me wrong, the charger isnt a bad looking car in SRT8 or Daytona form but the G8 is a sleeker looking car in my opinion

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you seen a G8 in person? THen your paying about the same for a little slower car. The G8 GXP will be faster than the SRT8 and not as bloated looking. DOnt get me wrong, the charger isnt a bad looking car in SRT8 or Daytona form but the G8 is a sleeker looking car in my opinion
yes
boy does it sound good too lol
i was driving behind this really old lady driving one...
made me very mad lol
we can almost tell the camaro will run sub 13 cause the gxp can though

·
Registered
105 Posts
A driver in a GXP with DRs should be able to click off 12.50-60 in good air.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts