Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's no longer a secret that the GXP will share the Camaro-SS LS3. Hell, the G8 GT has the same DoD'd 6.2 the Camaro will get for automatic vehicles. So here's my question.. I'm really really really psyched about ordering my new Camaro SS\RS asap. If I buy LS3 Longtube headers, and some Corvette-esque quad-tips, and two mufflers of x brand, will it likely all bolt on to the Camaro without an issue? Or, to help the thread flourish; will the LS3 G8 use swap-able parts to the new Camaro?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I can't see why the would swap. On a business standpoint it would have to. . . The cost would be to high in the manufacturing department if they didn't.

my. $.02

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I doubt that the G8 stuff will fit the Camaro right.

When you're talking about headers (especially long tubes), you have to clear the front cross-member and sometimes the steering shaft (and god knows what else). I doubt that these are exactly the same from a sports car to a sedan, even if they are on the same platform. I know from pictures that the mufflers are in different spots. I'm sure stuff in the engine bay and under the front end will be slightly different between the two cars...Enough to effect clearances at the very least. I would wait and see.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Without carving this in stone...yes, as they are both on the Zeta platform. The main issues would be if there is a different wheelbase between the two cars. That would prohibit exhaust sytems for the G8 from fitting the Camaro.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
well obviously everything isnt gonna match up but it inevitable theres gonna be bolt ons that will.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
well obviously everything isnt gonna match up but it inevitable theres gonna be bolt ons that will.

+1

Not everything is going to match up. Alot of the primary engineering will be thought out. Tweaking here and there to get a final product. If you see a product for the G8 it's a good bet that it's only a short jump to make it ready for the Camaro.

If you are really excited, I'd recommend a Camaro savings account and see how much you can save up for mods. Once the aftermarket announces a product you want. Burn that account up.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
To clear up some confusion, the G8 GT has a 6.0L L76 with AFM.
The G8 GXP has an LS3 rated at 402hp.

Some things from the G8 will work, but most things will not.
Although the cars are on the same chassis, they vary alot.
G8 is Zeta, Camaro is ZetaII, and the wheelbases are different.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Darnit......time to do some homework. ZetaII, huh?

Tim, any word on the VVT carrying over, as well? I need to read up a bit on the 'cam phasers' and the 'flux capacitors'.;)

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I guess I should of specifically stated buy 5th Gen Camaro designed parts with your saved up cash. I guess some people could of taken that the wrong way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All the induction stuff should bolt right up, but the exhaust will most likely will not due to different underpinnings and such

1 - 14 of 14 Posts