Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will this just work on the Camaros or can I do the same to my Denali? Both get and use premium and I think the truck had cheap stuff before I bought it. Runs like **** at times too.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It won't hurt to try. It's the ECU fuses you need to pull.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do You think they would be the same fuses as the Camaros for the Denali, 5 and 20?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok which fuses are these? Not the same fuses on the truck. I'd check My car but I drove the truck to the fire station. Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Your owner's manual is your friend. Also, the labels are probably inside the fuse box cover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"I'd check My car but I drove the truck to the fire station." I dont go home til tomorrow so Id figure someone knew which or what the fuses are for exactly, so I can check my the owners manual in my truck and pull them to leave out over night. Maybe feel the difference on my 40 mile drive back home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well final input on this. I downloaded both manuals to cross reference the fuses. It looks like #5 and #56 on the Denali. I'll see in the morning when I leave to go home. I noticed some fuses were missing according to my diagram but I'll call dealership tomorrow and find out for sure. I dont have any SES lights on but, how weird the digram shows there should be fuses where there isnt one. Now Im worried. By the way "pariotpa", where did you get the stripes on the hood? I have the same color car but with the other stripes. I like those a lot better. This color needs stripes anyways. Its boring with out them.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Well final input on this. I downloaded both manuals to cross reference the fuses. It looks like #5 and #56 on the Denali. I'll see in the morning when I leave to go home. I noticed some fuses were missing according to my diagram but I'll call dealership tomorrow and find out for sure. I don't have any SES lights on but, how weird the digram shows there should be fuses where there isn't one. Now Im worried. By the way "patriotpa", where did you get the stripes on the hood? I have the same color car but with the other stripes. I like those a lot better. This color needs stripes anyways. Its boring with out them.
Chevrolet Cyber Grey Metallic stripes. When I ordered my car, they were installed by the dealer. Yeah, this color needs stripes. I went for CGM because I like the subtle, classy looks they add to the car. Not so "in your face" as others.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You'll gain a couple of MPG as well. I pulled an average of 20mpg on a 900 mile trip keeping the speed between 70 and 75 (I-40 thru NC, TN, and AR). Pulled the fuses, waited overnight, then re-installed. Took the car for a 160 mile out and back, same 70-75 mph, similar terrain, and pulled 22 mpg average. A6, fully stock. I also found to get to the 25 mpg Chevy claims, you have to keep the engine under 65 mph....

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'll gain a couple of MPG as well. I pulled an average of 20mpg on a 900 mile trip keeping the speed between 70 and 75 (I-40 thru NC, TN, and AR). Pulled the fuses, waited overnight, then re-installed. Took the car for a 160 mile out and back, same 70-75 mph, similar terrain, and pulled 22 mpg average. A6, fully stock. I also found to get to the 25 mpg Chevy claims, you have to keep the engine under 65 mph....
Wow! Best I've seen is 14.3 avg.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I run ~75MPH and get ~23.5mpg (mostly highway and mountains) on a good week.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Would you get the same results from disconnecting the battery? I would think so.

BoB
Yeah, but this way you don't have to reset your radio stations. :)

I did this, and noticed a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
The way I see it, you have nothing to loose by trying and much to gain if it does work. Your not going to hurt it in any way.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i just tuned mine... now i know for sure its on the good octane table.. lol..

21 - 40 of 57 Posts