Modern Camaro Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Pulling fuses doesn't hurt anything. The dealer won't care.

Anything else, honesty is always the way to go.

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
The dealer won't know as long as you remember to put them back in after you pull them ;) LOL

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
The dealer won't know as long as you remember to put them back in after you pull them ;) LOL
You won't forget...the car is dead untill you put them back. Don't ask how I know that.:lol:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I too can get more horsepower...if someone pulls my.....finger. :lol: Talk about blasting off! Sounds better than most after market exhausts too. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I now run only high octane fuel, but last winter I tried running 87 octane fuel. I didn't notice a performance difference, but my average MPG went from 23.8 to 21.5. So I went back to 93 octane and my fuel mileage went back up. I didn't know about the fuse pull, but I'll try that.
I do notice a performance gain when I put the car in "Competitive Driving Mode". Dose switching to the competitive driving mode force the car into the high octane fuel map or??????

·
Registered
334 Posts
I now run only high octane fuel, but last winter I tried running 87 octane fuel. I didn't notice a performance difference, but my average MPG went from 23.8 to 21.5. So I went back to 93 octane and my fuel mileage went back up. I didn't know about the fuse pull, but I'll try that.
I do notice a performance gain when I put the car in "Competitive Driving Mode". Dose switching to the competitive driving mode force the car into the high octane fuel map or??????
No, it does not. Any gain you feel is imagined.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had my 2010 2SS for six weeks now and I was VERY disappointed in the way it drove.
It felt weak and sluggish. Very 'laggy' when I floored it.
I thought I had bought a lemon or a tranny problem.
I was FREAKIN out!! :angry:

NEVER heard of pulling fuses until yesterday morning....
I pulled #'s 5 and 20 per ApexChase's post for an hour and a half and....
HOLY COW!!!! What a difference!

A free, quick, EASY way to improve performance.
Now the car drives the way I expected it to. If u haven't tried this, yet, give it a try.
It can't hurt anything... BUT it CAN possibly make things MUCH better if your ride is mapped to the lower octane.

If You bought your car used, like I did... u never know what kinda gas the previous owner used...
Especially if u got it at a dealer. They are always cutting cost. And putting cheap gas in cars is one way to accomplish this.
(I used to sell new and used cars and even in our high performance cars we always put the lowest cost gas in the cars.)

Thanks APEXCHASE!!!! You ARE THE MAN!!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Was for me. Didn't do much of anything. Even Chevy tells you that you won't notice much of a difference between the octane tables.
Perhaps your car never had regular gas in it. I did the fuse pull and it did nothing either. But again, perhaps mine never had regular either. And some people have said that some of the LS3 equipped Camaros don't go into a limp mode with regular gas. I've heard that it is mainly in the L99 equipped Camaros. But it has even been seen on the dyno...some cars made significantly less hp/tq in limp mode. Once the ECU was restored, it made what it should have made in the first place. It works.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It doesn't go into limp mode, it simply retards the spark timing so that the car will run safely without knocking on regular gas (87 octane).

As for what people think they feel, I'll point you towards the numerous people that installed spiral or "tornado" intake spacers/throttle body plates and said they produced amazing amounts of power gains for their cars when in fact they did nothing at all.

And for the dynoed results of the power gain, did they let the car run for an hour or so and let it relearn the settings, or did they just dyno after they reinstalled the fuses? If they did the latter, it may have produced high readings but only because the tune for the car hadn't had time to "settle in". The computers in these cars are funny; they requires time after you pull fuses for the computer to relearn the high octane tune. Or any tune for that matter.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It doesn't go into limp mode, it simply retards the spark timing so that the car will run safely without knocking on regular gas (87 octane).

As for what people think they feel, I'll point you towards the numerous people that installed spiral or "tornado" intake spacers/throttle body plates and said they produced amazing amounts of power gains for their cars when in fact they did nothing at all.

And for the dynoed results of the power gain, did they let the car run for an hour or so and let it relearn the settings, or did they just dyno after they reinstalled the fuses? If they did the latter, it may have produced high readings but only because the tune for the car hadn't had time to "settle in". The computers in these cars are funny; they requires time after you pull fuses for the computer to relearn the high octane tune. Or any tune for that matter.
I refer to it as "limp mode". Didn't mean to throw you off with that term. As far as what people "feel", that is all subjective. Some people put higher octane gas in 4 cyl cars that require 87 octane and swear they gained 25 hp. However, if several different people from all over the country on several different websites are all saying the same thing, then it is only wise to trust that there may be some truth to it.

As far as dynos go, I'm not sure what any companies procedure is. I have read that most people will pull the fuses and let the car sit for several hours on average...some even overnight. If dyno shops have an L99 SS that dynos at 305hp and then after the fuse pull the same car dynos 335 hp...well then that right there tells you that the fuse pull works. Regardless of the ECU relearning itself after 50, 100, or 500 miles. It ain't like 100 miles later the ECU is gonna say "oh hey we're making too much power, lets dial it down again". The ECU will relearn and adjust accordingly as long as proper octane gas is in the tank. Once lower octane is in, then it will go back into "limp" mode as I call it.

Either way, you don't have to believe it works. However I do have several sources. I can post the links if you're interested in looking. I know you're skeptical about this. But rock solid proof trumps skepticism any day man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Man this placebo effect really gets some people....
Beleive it or not it makes a difference..
If u dont trust me... trust Chapel...

If u dont feel a difference that means ur car never had a tank of low octane in it. Either way it doesnt hurt anything to try it.

I pulled fuses for 13 hours and got an even better result.
Can't wiat to get that throttle body and cold air system in this week.

Giddy-UP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have camaro ss 2011 l99 engine I make a cam shift upgrade after one month I have issued the gas not coming for engine lift side driver side the car not running very well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are assessed by methods for a sections that portrays the blends in the empowers. From 87 to 89 to 91 to ninety three octane. urdu news They differ in various regions even express states and can depend on "Re Formulated" stimulates for areas now not get together air fine essentials.

It could all get point by point in any case essential concern is solely in finding the choice "Checked" fuel with all of the additional substances that can or won't be merged inside the "bargan" brands. They cost to some degree all the more anyway belive me, you get what you pay for.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts