Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
http://www.garage419.com/

Amongst other things, they discuss the new camaro and their thoughts of what a z28 should be.
Did I hear the guy on the right say the Z28 is "dead"? After the web cast, they said it wasn't dead? And I seariously doubt the 6 speed manual gets only 20mpg. I am hoping it gets close to 30mpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do think that 20mpg is harsh but as most V8 owners know, its more about how you use your foot;). unfortunately i did read in motor tend, that the Z28 is dead. :mad: but all is well, i cant wait to drive one.....:roxor:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I do think that 20mpg is harsh but as most V8 owners know, its more about how you use your foot;). unfortunately i did read in motor tend, that the Z28 is dead. :mad: but all is well, i cant wait to drive one.....:roxor:
And we've said over and over, the car mags say what they want, and act like it's fact. They constantly said that the Camaro would be the LS2, even when GM said the LS2 was discontinued. Do NOT believe the magazines. Take it as the same thing that you'll overhear at a water cooler.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the z28 is last on gm's list. they gotta make sure this thing is a hit out the door, otherwise you won't see any camaros running around.

if it's a success, then you'll see specialty models down the road...let's just hope that gm gets it right and there aren't too many bugs and problems when they come off the line.

hell, let's hope they come off the line, on time...

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dude, could you please stop plastering your $35K estimate all over.This is simply your guess and has no factual support. I would hope you would keep the pricing conjecture confined to your thread about pricing until we have some more reliable information.

Edited to be less inflammatory and direct.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Dude, would you please stop plastering your $35K estimate all over every thread you read. This is your wild a$$ guess and has no factual support whatsoever. Keep the pricing conjecture to your thread about price guessing so that we don't have to read about your baseless estimates throughout this site.
+1, but a little less direct.

GM hasn't estimated prices, and so if you are getting your estimate from somewhere else, then it's wrong. You've said 35k several times, so come December, if the base IS 35k, you can say "I told you so". Otherwise, please stop with the highest number that any of us possibly want to see. GM knows that if this car is 35k base price for a V8, then they will lose a lot of us as buyers in the first year. I will have to get another car, and wait until a year or so later and buy one used. 35k for a SS/RS, and I might have a shot. And from what I've seen, most people who want the SS are along that same line.

Bottom line, you can guess at the price all you want, but don't say it like it's a fact, please. It's pessimistic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.