Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my mpg improve as the car is broke in?Right now I'm only getting about 20-21mpg!! I hope it improves.Theres only like 750 miles on her !!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
lol honestly if you're worrying about gas mileage you bought the wrong car haha

In all honesty though for the power you get the mileage isn't too bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly,I didn't buy the car for the gas mileage,but that would be a nice little perk!!!;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
On my trip to G14 I got 25.2 MPG on the trip over and 24.5 MPG on the way back. I average 21 to 22 when running back and forth to work which is better than my Silverado where I get only 15.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Will my mpg improve as the car is broke in?Right now I'm only getting about 20-21mpg!! I hope it improves.Theres only like 750 miles on her !!
Dude that is NOT bad at all. I'm getting 15-15.5 mpg with over 11000 miles on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just said"I didn't buy the car for gas mileage" I was just curious about the gas mileage others were getting with this amt of miles on their cars!!! lol...I'm very pleased with the car and mileage if it doesn't Ever do any better then what it's doing now!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes, it does improve a little over time.

For instance, my trip to Atlanta and back (~1400 mile) last year when the car was brand new netted an average of 22.9MPG.

This year I averaged 24.2MPG. :)
Holy crap- I average around 16.8 BUT..... :D

·
8,984 Posts
Yes, it does improve a little over time.

For instance, my trip to Atlanta and back (~1400 mile) last year when the car was brand new netted an average of 22.9MPG.

This year I averaged 24.2MPG. :)
Maybe 25.5 mpg for 2011?:D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Got 25 on the way home from the dealer. 972 miles one way. Uphill. In the snow...

seriously, the avg. mpg reading showed 25 when we got back to the house.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did a road trip about a month ago from Portland to San Francisco to Reno and back to Portland.

1LT
6M

Including freeway miles and driving around the towns sight seeing I averaged 24.8 MPG thru 1875 miles.

·
8,984 Posts
Did a road trip about a month ago from Portland to San Francisco to Reno and back to Portland.

1LT
6M

Including freeway miles and driving around the towns sight seeing I averaged 24.8 MPG thru 1875 miles.
The OP has a V8 though. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the input!!! Looks like my V8 is right in line where it should be!!!But no matter...I'm very tickled with it!!:lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts