Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1SS with the M6 transmission and in the city I'm getting right at 16 miles per gallon. What are you guys getting?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2SS/M6, and I've been averaging around 17 in the city. Not complaining.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got a 2LT/RS v-6 6-speed auto and :eek: Wife drives it in town so I don't know what she's getting but we took to Colorado last month loaded down from back seat to trunk and at an avg of 65mph I got 26.6 mpg. :)

I feel pretty good about it considering its a Camaro and not a ricer.:5go:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got the SS1 with Manual 6 Speed averaging 15.3 mpg- both city and hwy driving- Haven't had time for a good long drive on hwy to see what she gets. Will report next trip to Seattle from Portland....

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm getting 18.9, good mix of Hwy and City, I'd guess 2 to 1 hwy versus city driving, avg speed 40.

Not driving too hard, but I'm still 100 yards ahead of everyone at every stoplight.

-Brad

·
Registered
459 Posts
Have a 2SSRS and am getting 21.5 on mostly highway. Did try a 60 mile highway cruise at 65 mph on cruise control and got 24.4 mpg. Don't drive her every day and I do try to stay under 80 so that probably accounts for the good mileage.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
1st. Road Trip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wife and I just got back from a 400 mile round trip in our Camaro and I have to say that I am impressed with the gas mileage we got. The onboard computer was a little off but I guess it all averaged out. Driving @75 on I75 and @58 on US23, total mpg's was 22 for the intire trip.That estement was made the old fashion way, pencil and paper.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the 1SS with the M6 transmission and in the city I'm getting right at 16 miles per gallon. What are you guys getting?
That's what I got initially. It's slowly crept up to the 18mpg range over 3200 miles of driving.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Mine hovers around 15.5ish. Not much highway driving at all really.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I noticed my DIC (drivers information center) is off a little over a mpg just filled up today DIC said 15.9 calculator says 17.2 last time it was DIC 16.2 and calculator was 17.5 so 1.3 mpg off which i rather be off to the good instead of bad....;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I noticed my DIC (drivers information center) is off a little over a mpg just filled up today DIC said 15.9 calculator says 17.2 last time it was DIC 16.2 and calculator was 17.5 so 1.3 mpg off which i rather be off to the good instead of bad....;)
16 to 17 mpgs on a V6...time to ease up on the lead foot? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
16 to 17 mpgs on a V6...time to ease up on the lead foot? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing...........BUT...... when people wanna race i gotta show them whos incharge ;)

Plus most of mine is stop and go seems like we have traffic lights every 10 feet :lol:
On a 4 mile trip to bank i have to go through 12 lights

Average speed is like 21 mph

1 - 16 of 16 Posts