·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you bought a car for gas mileage..you'd have one like mine. :p
Though I am averaging about 29mpg now.... :p
I am one of those people the "greeners" complain about...
I buy a vehicle made by my fav company (GM) based on what I feel comfortable in regardless of gas hog mileage:lol::thumbsup:
I have owned many camaro's and even a few vette's but I cannot remember any vehicle I purcahsed for gas reasons...not even my motorcycle:lol:

·
barbarianmotorsports
422 Posts
I buy a vehicle made by my fav company (GM) based on what I feel comfortable in regardless of gas hog mileage:lol::thumbsup:
I have owned many camaro's and even a few vette's but I cannot remember any vehicle I purcahsed for gas reasons...not even my motorcycle:lol:
I too never asked the salesman what kind of gas milage am I going to get. everycar I bought in the past was for the looks , power or reliabilty. when I as the salesman at chevy when i ordered my camaro i asked him how much hp those this baby have. nice. right know I get about 15 mpg but i dont drive it much.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
im averaging 13.1 mpg pretty much just driving around town, doesnt bother me tho as I bought the car for looks

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I'm the same way..I drove a gas guzzling S-10 for 3 years.
But considering my job was low paying at the time (no job now) paying $4 per gallon on a 16-19 MPG vehicle...it was horrible. :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
8,984 Posts
I just got 363 miles from a tank.

Oh you are talking about the Camaro.

See I drive a Cadillac. :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought my Camaro for it Gas mileage.........never have I lived anywhere where the fuel is sooo cheap!!! In the UK I had a Ford Fiesta that averaged 45mpg.....my Camaro costs the same per mile here as that did at home:D:lol:

·
8,984 Posts
Camaro means friend.....what language are you referring to?

·
Registered
69 Posts
TrueDelta conducts a real-world fuel economy survey that, unlike others, includes driving style and driving conditions. A few results so far for the Camaro:

Real-world Chevrolet Camaro gas mileage

A couple dozen 2010 Camaro owners have signed up so far to help with our reliability survey. Hopefully some of them will also post a few fill-ups.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I ran 3 dyno pulls yesterday...reset the DIC before just out of curiosity...averaged 6mpg. :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
It is more how far down your foot is on the petal. If it is a heavy foot, then it will use more gas.
I have been getting about 18.5 - 19mpg.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does it really matter?

First, I ordered my Camaro because the car looks so freakin cool.
Gas was about $4 a gallon when I ordered so I was interested in mpg.
That played a part in the decision to go V-6. Of course, I'd have preferred a V-8, but in reality, affordability also played a part and I wondered where I'd be able to hammer down on either.
Took my Camaro from Texas to Colorado in July and at an avg of 65 mph we got 26.5 mpg. That's over 400 miles to the tank.

So I say, if you want mpg by a Volt. If you want 2 tons of muscle with looks to match buy a Camaro. :5go:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts