Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tonight may 1 08 i saw a marathon 3.69 damm its getting high

i keep hearing guys talk at the refinery about crude per barrel going up to $180.00 this summer,that translates to an average cost of $5.20 per gallon

yesterdays price was 121 which is high but it dropped today to 118 p/brl
but gas went up???????

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yesterdays price was 121 which is high but it dropped today to 118 p/brl
but gas went up???????
the daily price of oil on the markets has nothing to do with the daily gas prices...it takes a month or so to effect gas prices at the pump.

it's very minor (ok, baby steps), but the value of the dollar hit a 5 week high today...if that keeps up, oil prices will stabilize...add in the fact that demand should decrease because of the current insanely high gas prices and oil wont be hitting $180/barrel any time soon. Come on...think positive:BangHead:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I just drive less now. I used to fill up every week with my DD Gram Am. Now I fill up every 14-15 days.

The GTO gets premium. It's not a DD and for a reasonable amount I get hours of SEGs before I put it back into the garage.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
the daily price of oil on the markets has nothing to do with the daily gas prices...it takes a month or so to effect gas prices at the pump.

it's very minor (ok, baby steps), but the value of the dollar hit a 5 week high today...if that keeps up, oil prices will stabilize...add in the fact that demand should decrease because of the current insanely high gas prices and oil wont be hitting $180/barrel any time soon. Come on...think positive:BangHead:
I read demand was level if not less here because of prices. If regular economics are followed, demand down, prices lower. This has not been the case, and I think people are about to start rioting in the streets. Another side note: The geniuses in our state legislature proposed a state gas tax HIKE! Why, you ask? Well, since less fuel is being bought, tax revenue is lower! This state already has one of the HIGHEST gas taxes in the USA. Let me do you all a favor and give you one small piece of advice: NEVER MOVE TO NEBRASKA.In fact, avoid this state no matter what. Unless of course you enjoy high taxes and idiotic state governing.:rolleyes:(BTW, I am a Missouri native, and plan to go back some day)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
i drove my golf cart to the folks house and the store today haha i think im gettin like 70-80 miles to a gallon maybe more thank goodness for wide sidewalks....but yea i been ridding my bike or golf carting it alot lately

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
. That sucks especially with me being a broke college student.
Not a broke college student - a broke high school teacher here. I spent $104 to fill my dodge truck - 87 octane - at Costco! It was $3.77/gallon, but on the street it is $3.95 - $3.99 for regular. The gas tax in SoCal does not help either ($0.18/gallon).

My truck has a hemi, but I cannot remember the last time I had it over 2000 rpm = no fun!

I have done everything I can to reaise my mileage, but the only thing that works is to leave it in the driveway :BangHead:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ouch!!! That sucks man. Gas would be a whole lot cheaper if got rid of all those taxes we put on it. Last time I heard numbers on the subject, taxes accounted for something like 47%-52% of the cost of a gallon of gas. Now I do realize that some of these taxes go to fix the roads, but there is no reason the state and federal gov't should have a royalties taxes on gas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It now costs me about $70.00 to fill up my wagon but I don't have car payments and I spend less on fuel than payments on a new smaller car. at least until 2009. I have been thinking of going back to an old job I had which pays alot more than I am making now but it takes me on the road away from home.

That's an idea. I will get the job where I have to travel and then buy a new Z/28.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ouch!!! That sucks man. ... Now I do realize that some of these taxes go to fix the roads, but there is no reason the state and federal gov't should have a royalties taxes on gas.
I know the taxes are supposed to fix the roads, and I hear people tell me we have the best roads in the world, but take a good look at the roads and you tell me if they are being fixed. The "terminator" is my govenor, and he keeps raiding the transportation fund of California to do "other" things with the budget, hence the road are no so good here!

·
Registered
71 Posts
it is about 3.80 here in GA... The major problem we have is that we are too dependent on foreign oil. If we could just produce our own then we wouldnt have these problems, but of course you have the enviromentalists who are telling us that we cannot produce anymore oil in the US. Guys, this has been a ticking time bomb ready to explode since 94 when Clinton vetoed the ANWR bill and also passed a bill limiting the amount of oil we can produce and where we can go.

·
Registered
572 Posts
its $4.25 outside the gates here at ft. jackson...... it can do watever til i get home..... i havent had to put a drop of gas in my car in 6 months :lol: way its looking it'll maybe get two tanks when i get home then it'll be a year before i put anymore in it....:roxor:

·
Registered
330 Posts
today (5/17) in Greencastle, In. i paid 3.85 (3.95 yesterday) for 87 octane... then i drove north, it was 3.75 at the walmart station in crawfordsville so i got more, then i continued north, lafayette was 3.86.

it would cost at least 100 to fill my chevy venture, think its tank is like 33 gal. but that gets me approximately 550 miles. i have only filled it up once, besides the time when i bought it was full. now i just put in 10 or 20 depending on price. if im lucky 20 will get just under 1/4 tank and 130 miles

·
Registered
116 Posts
On long island, NY most stations are 4.09 for regular, 4.29 for plus and 4.39 for premium, but I did see one as cheap as 4.05 for regular earlier today

1 - 20 of 64 Posts