Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm from Australia and would like to stop by this site from time to time. I am curious what you all think about the new GM "ute" (utility). I believe that you might call it a new 'El Camino' ??. I look forward to some opinions on this one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really don't like the look. It looks like some kind of metal Centaur. lol!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These have been going around here for a little while now, they get mixed reviews. Today they are selling for aroound $AUS 40K . I understand you will get them for about $US 30k.(cheaper than here?). We have a strong heritage with the ute but I personally prefer our models from the last few years . I will scratch together a few pics of what we do down here.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
i actualy saw one of the utes at a delphi plant in saginaw michigan a few years ago with a regular michigan plate on it...no idea if it was shipped here or what but i like them.....i love elkys and i love the utes.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I love the Ute. I will have one. Used if need be. Will be one hell of a tow rig when I get it right.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i like the look, like most cars that are retro it takes some getting used to. as for how it will sell here its going to depend on the mpg that it gets and what features they release with it (i.e. a bed cover).

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I've always been a fan of the ElCamino and thats the only complaint I have is that the ute sold here looks like it should be the new camino. I'd love to own one.:roxor: You guys down there have some nice cars

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Welcome:hello:

I have to wait to see it in person. In a way I like it and in a way I don't, but......

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I don't see why it would be so hard to sell them given there are several imported LHD cars here. Skylines and a few integra's I've seen so far. Don't know what it took to get them here but skylines are impossible to convert to RHD and it is like 60K+ for used ones but there are some here in the states LHD and all. I'll not lie one won't be in my budget for a while but I'd buy one in LHD if possible for the WTF factor alone!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I put LHD but meant RHD, insert RHD in the above post I made. I'd try to import them in RHD. Skylines are right hand drive only and cannot be converted yet there are quite a few in America and I saw an add in a Magazine selling them in the US for like 60K RHD and all. See if it is legal to import them as is. Otherwise all the conversion bits might add the cost making them less marketable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts