Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mod will give the best bang for your buck ? already done most bolt ons and cam

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Trick question? :D The supercharger hands down in my book.. :thumbsup: Though it is quite a bit more $$ than gears for sure. And you may have to re-cam depending on what you already have in there... You would have to have a very serious ($$$) NA car with gears to beat out an FI car without gears.

Although, an FI car + gears is even more fun! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Trick question? :D The supercharger hands down in my book.. :thumbsup: Though it is quite a bit more $$ than gears for sure. And you may have to re-cam depending on what you already have in there... You would have to have a very serious ($$$) NA car with gears to beat out an FI car without gears.

Although, an FI car + gears is even more fun! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
i also thought u want a medium gear in FI car? i might be wrong

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what I was thinking that if I gear to low I would have to regear to supercharge , I was told my cam would support a whipple so I shouldn't need a new cam

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
They are both great mods. As far as the pros, I can't think of anything that would give one the advantage over the other. They both make a noticeable difference and both make the car more fun to drive. But I would have to go with a supercharger for the simple fact that I like my cruising RPMs now. Even tho 3.73s or 3.91s wouldn't be too much over where they are now. But still, I'm a boost kind of guy. Gears are on my list, but they are towards the bottom. For anyone else tho, gears are cheaper but a supercharger has more potential especially if you wanted to pulley it later. A supercharger will give you more power and most likely a faster car than gears will. And a supercharger has the option of a powertrain warranty from the manufacturer. All factors to consider.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i wish the gears and installs were cheaper, just saw they started changing to a detroit tru trac differential

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
YUp, too much gear and you are gonna be blowin thru your traction quickly. I only went from the 3.27 to the 3.45 in my A6 and it was perfect with the blower....

Spending 5-6 grand wouldn't fall under best bang for the buck lol.
Well, you can't even really compare the 2 to start with. I still have no regrets spending the $ to do the blower and consider it a great bang for the buck mod! :bowdown: But then I'm a bit out there... :lol:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well, HP per dollar a supercharger probably isn't the "best" bang for the buck. But there is no other mod that can get you as much hp by itself safely on an otherwise stock engine as forced induction can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts