Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors Corp. gains confidence every day that it will be able to deliver a Chevrolet Volt range-extended electric vehicle by November 2010 and it is the automaker's top vehicle priority, Vice Chairman Bob Lutz said Tuesday. The message throughout the corporation is clear, he said: "Senior management wants it and they want it by 2010."

More...

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I think they certainly selected the correct battery vendor.

Remember the battery-powered sport bike that was so fast?
That was built by A123 Systems, and that's the company that with GM is co-developing the battery pack for the Chevrolet Volt! :)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Yes I remember that video. It cracks me up everytime. Mr Obvious:D

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I really hope it is 2010..GM said maybe first..but now its priority..it all depends on the cars development in its batteries...I hope they pull this off..

I know Toyota is now working hard to trump GM..and bring the Prius with the same teck out before the Volt..

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Im still wanting a Own3d Gif of the crash into the minivan. :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, now if the Volt is anywhere near that quick then it'll be good.

All this electric car stuff reminds me of my classes electric go-kart we built in high school. Basically a roll cage and two racing seats attached to a big motor and batteries. Had to limit its speed for the school, but at the track it would have run 15's (with most of the acceleration off the line!) Unfortunately I never got to see it finished, I graduated before it ran on the track. Made a guest appearance as the stagecoach iin the school play though.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Wow, now if the Volt is anywhere near that quick then it'll be good.

All this electric car stuff reminds me of my classes electric go-kart we built in high school. Basically a roll cage and two racing seats attached to a big motor and batteries. Had to limit its speed for the school, but at the track it would have run 15's (with most of the acceleration off the line!) Unfortunately I never got to see it finished, I graduated before it ran on the track. Made a guest appearance as the stagecoach iin the school play though.
GM is aiming at around 7sec 0-60 time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts