Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes State of Georgia acts like a dumb A$$.... :p

Savannah, Ga. – Officials in Savannah, Ga., say they do not want bras displayed on a city street -- even if the goal is to raise breast cancer awareness.

City Manager Rochelle Small-Toney told council members that officials weighed the campaign with "the appropriateness of hanging underwear across one of our main streets."

The Savannah Morning News reports that local radio stations wanted residents to donate bras that would be strung across Broughton Street at four major intersections. Officials say a local car dealer had agreed to donate $1 for each bra up to $5,000.

Caroline Keller, the board president of the local chapter of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, says similar campaigns have been held in other cities without problems.

Read more: Georgia City Bans Cancer Campaign Featuring Bras | Fox News

I think we more important things to do... :mad:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made you look.... :lol: I had same though when I found the story. :D

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Sounds like a protest could be done on that street with out bras.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
:lol: now THAT would be sumthin! They should totally do that and watch the "officials" cringe as their plan backfires. Haha

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I grew up in the 60's. No bras was standard....really was disapointed when they started wearing them again.

Back on the real subject, ANYTHING to help combat breast cancer should trump some personal prude opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts