Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to the dealership and should be getting my car back from the body shop!! from my Accident a month ago!!! Seems like it has been the longest month ever!! luckily I have been flying all over for work so I hav'nt had to think too much about it! will post some pics after I pick it up here are some more of the before shots. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
Glad you'll be picking your car up soon. Summit White was my first choice but the early unavailability helped me go black, same stripes though. I haven't seen many, if any, with the orange rally stripes on the white and it does look T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
this calls for a celebration......:party::yay::yay::danceb::danceb::clap::danceb::yay::bigparty::party:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol:Sooooo excited didnt sleep at all :lol: Been checking it out allot lately up at the dealership and the repair work looks great!!! Have to admit I am alittle scared to get back behind the wheel lol, last time was alittle jolting! out of no where the air bars deployed! I didnt even feel the hit or hear any brakes! so gonna be driving like a grandma! but just soo happy to get it back!! felt like I was missing a part of me lolol:lol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did it smell inside the car after the airbags went off?
dont know too much about the smell but the car filled up with smoke from the deployment of the bags. I thought something was burning but it was just crud from the bags. they shot white junk all over inside, I can't wait to detail it myself, I am sure the company did a bomb detail job but I have all the toys to make it perfect! except a high-powered shop-vack:drool:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to drive the car down the road alittle after the accident I had to pull the airbags out the window and then put the windows up to hold them out of the way so I could see, They replaced the front right fender rear quarter panel passenger door, no glass was broken. Bolth the right sides brake system's (rotors,brake shoe, etc...) Bolth wheels on the right side, had to realign the frame.... hopefully it's all back to gether like humpty :D

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
to drive the car down the road alittle after the accident I had to pull the airbags out the window and then put the windows up to hold them out of the way so I could see, They replaced the front right fender rear quarter panel passenger door, no glass was broken. Bolth the right sides brake system's (rotors,brake shoe, etc...) Bolth wheels on the right side, had to realign the frame.... hopefully it's all back to gether like humpty :D
the frame got messed up?!?!?! ouch. ive heard alot of bad stuff about cars that get frame damage. not to scare you but, even if they get it back to normal, the cars not going to drive or ride the same.

that powder from the air bags, i heard smells pretty bad and can ruin the smell of the interior.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
the frame got messed up?!?!?! ouch. ive heard alot of bad stuff about cars that get frame damage. not to scare you but, even if they get it back to normal, the cars not going to drive or ride the same.

that powder from the air bags, i heard smells pretty bad and can ruin the smell of the interior.
I figure at least $20K of repairs went into it. I hope it's as good as new!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear you are getting it back, about time!:thumbsup:
been soooo long lol, you guys's with ure pics and mods have been helping me to wait it out :D also my cuz has a 08 VW R32 that he has been taking me out for cruises in just so I can be in a sports car again lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oops on the double postin but I just picked it up and wowowowowowowowow its great!! will post pics soon!!!! missed it sooooooooooo much!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I disagree

Ive seen some AWESOME frame / body work done on stuff ...and better than original...

·
Registered
6 Posts

+1 I can't believe they didn't total the car. I thought, for sure, that every car was considered totalled if the frame gets bent.

Glad you have your car back. I had mine taken away for 3 days to get some scratches painted and I just about lost my mind. That rental was killing me! **** Kia...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Glad to hear you got your car back!
Alot of body shops have a laser frame machine that will make sure the unibody is back to factory specs. It will drive exactly the same as before if no bent stuff was missed. (control arms , etc...)
Over the next few days be sure to note any weird noises or pulling to left or right while driving. Try to get it up on the highway for a few miles to really feel it out.
The other long term way to make sure everything is ok, is check for any uneven tire wear.
Good luck! Happy cruising:thumbsup:

Randy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts