Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry if this is really old. Looks like the Oshawa plant building the new Camaro is going to continue with overtime and another shift to keep up with demand. This is to last until October - good news for those waiting for their oders to come in.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/682741

Just to clearify , the flex line ( Camaro ,1 shift only) is working every Saturday right up till Oct 31st. There is no 2nd shift being added to this line. The Impala is adding additional Saturdays starting Oct 3 , they are currently a 2 shift operation and will run on these two shifts only. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
They need to add a 2nd shift in Oshawa. The demand for Camaro's is so high they need to produce as many as they can right now. Make no mistake...the Camaro is one of their top cash cows. I've got 146 orders in front of mine at my dealer.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
They need to add a 2nd shift in Oshawa. The demand for Camaro's is so high they need to produce as many as they can right now. Make no mistake...the Camaro is one of their top cash cows. I've got 146 orders in front of mine at my dealer.
Don't look for that to happen any time soon. They WANT a bit of a backlog, just enough to keep demand up for as long as possible. Can't remember where I read it, but someone from GM alluded to that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts