Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/...rnegie-mellon-win-darpa-driverless-challenge/

If you’re unfamiliar with the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) Urban Challenge, it’s basically a competition between vehicles that drive themselves in a mock urban environment. This year’s event, which lasted more than six hours, took place at California’s George Air Force Base and involved the robotic cars completing three missions while obeying traffic laws and avoiding colliding with each other and several obstacles.

First place went to the Carnegie Mellon University Tartan Racing Team and their GM Chevrolet Tahoe, which finished roughly 20 minutes ahead of the second placed Stanford team and their autonomous VW Passat. Only six of the eleven vehicles competing actually finished the challenge, and only four teams finished in the allotted six hours.

Pretyy neat stuff there, and cool to see a GM product come out on top! :cool:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Booyah..nice to see a GM Monster beat out a tiny VW.

And as a sidenote..am I the only one that sees "Pissant" each time they see "Passat"?

·
8,984 Posts
Booyah..nice to see a GM Monster beat out a tiny VW.

And as a sidenote..am I the only one that sees "Pissant" each time they see "Passat"?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have always thought DARPA was cool. RC's are way cool, but pricey in my eyes.

Well, I guess DAPRA kind of puts the price point of some of the gas RCs into perspective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.