Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you think it will take for GM to work out all the BUGS on the 2009 camaro wance its here. Seams like every time there is a new car that comes out theres allways a recall and more than one. I know my 200 chevy silverrado Z71 has had 7 recalls on it. but maby just maby we will get lucky and the new camaro will be perfict. I hope anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Recalls are not just Chevy. All car makers have them, you just have to hope they are minor and not show stoppers. BTW, I just got a recall in the mail last week on my 1993 Ford F-150.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'm sure the first ones will have something that wasn't noticed. Many first year cars do and by the second 1/2 of the model year, upgraded components usually arrive from several vendors. The next year's models get progressive better in most cases.

With all the time that has elapsed in this vehicle launch we can expect a fine product. GM's current vehicles have made huge increases in quality, so we should see the same in the Camaro.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
We all have to realize that the Camaro wont technically be a 1st year car...it will be a 3rd year car. Off the top of my head, take the G8 for example comes out 08, that's ONE whole year that gm has to work the bugs out for the Camaro.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya, I'm just hoping GM will work it all out (or at least most of the bugs) before hand for me to get the car right away with as little problems occuring as possible. But that may be too much to ask. ALOT of things can go wrong so you never know.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i personally think that this krazy 3 year wait is so they can work out what bugs they can find, to make it a first year perfection. i hope that works, because they are going to look like fools if they make us wait this long and deliver a recall-bound bomb. i mean i will not be upset to take mine in for 'updates' or routine maintenance (since they wont be as easy to do myself), but after patiently waiting this long, recalls will be a bad thing. i have no doubt this car will be very reliable in 09.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
As long as the drivetrain, chassis and safety systems are solid the rest I can deal with and I think the drivetrain should have most worked out by now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
All first year cars have bugs and the Camaro will be no different. Look at the Mustang; they are still working out the front suspension issue which was resolved in 2008 "it took three years". How do I know this, I bought a 2007 Mustang GT and a day later I noticed a chunking noise coming from the front suspension. I went on the Mustang Forum and this was a problem from 2005 on some Mustangs. I brought it back to the dealer and gave them the GT back. I will wait at least one year to purchase the Camaro.

Link to Mustang Forum --> http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2297319/tm.htm

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Not me. I'll take a Camaro with a clunking noise over no Camaro at all. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
yeah i will get one the first day they hit the dealers... (in my imaginary world where my credit is much better, and i have a nice down payment) *working on the OT as much as i can now

and let them install recalls whenever they come out. just have to drive the other camaros while they fix me up ;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'm driving my down payment. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts