Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI...The GM card site now has the Camaro listed....the allowance is $1000 (not a big surprise).

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
yup. that was what i figured it was going to be. i'm still excited to be able to use it no matter how much it is. :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup. that was what i figured it was going to be. i'm still excited to be able to use it no matter how much it is. :D
hey...it's $1000 off...not bad at all. I've got plenty of points saved up.:D

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
yeah we have like 3K in GM Card rewards... wish we had one of those older cards. my mom used to have one. i could kick her for letting it go.

·
Registered
470 Posts
So how much would I have to spend by June if I got a card right now to build up $1,000 in credits...? :confused:

·
Registered
913 Posts
So how much would I have to spend by June if I got a card right now to build up $1,000 in credits...? :confused:
You could put the car on it. That would give you enough. :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure how that works but I have the old card and will be pi$$ed it they try to limit me.
I have the old card (got one when they first came out in 1992) and we used the rebate on my wife's 2007 Yukon, along with her supplier discount and had no limit whatsoever. We had around $2400 built up at that point.

HSBC has repeatedly tried to get me to change the card to the new one over the years, not gonna happen.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
My Fiance and I have put everything from going out to eat to buying groceries on the Gmcard then paid it off at the end of the month.
Took us 2 years to get to $1,000 then we quit using it since I made a phone call and figured since Vettes and so on could only accept $1,000 then I needed to save up to 1,000 then quit.
I figured it would pay for almost all of my A6 automatic transmission :thumbsup:

We then started using our American Airlines card the same way....instead of points you get miles and for a round trip for 2 people to hawaii ( honey moon ) and back it just costed us $32 for both of them :thumbsup:
not bad for using a piece of plastic IMO lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
The "new" one you're all referring to is the Flexible Earnings Card, correct? I got my GM card back in 2003. I'm pretty sure I earn a little more than my fiance's Flex card that she got about a year and half ago.
I think there was one other variation between the original card like I have and the new "Flex" card. That version added the limits on the rebate amount you could use per vehicle.

At one time I had a "Gold" card version of the original that allowed a max of $1000 per year to be built up, I got rid of it when they changed it back to a max of $500.

As long as you pay them off each month, its free money to use towards a car, so I run the majority of expenses through it and then switch to another rebate card once I have maxed that year's rebate out.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
**Where did you guys see this? Because on the Gm Card earnings site (The one you have to sign into) the Camaro is still not listed.....:mad:
It's under the "redemption allowance lookup"...it's in the drop-down menu that comes up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the old card (got one when they first came out in 1992) and we used the rebate on my wife's 2007 Yukon, along with her supplier discount and had no limit whatsoever. We had around $2400 built up at that point.

HSBC has repeatedly tried to get me to change the card to the new one over the years, not gonna happen.
Yeah, I have the original GM card. Max is $500 per year up to $3500.

It was worth $2K on my '96 K1500, '00 SS, and '04 Silverado.

I'm up to a bit over $2500 now, should be over $3K when I order the 'vert.

:thumbsup:

And, yeah, they keep trying to get me to change to the "new" card, no way!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I could be wrong, but if GM files Chpt 11 say bye bye to your allowance. :mad:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could be wrong, but if GM files Chpt 11 say bye bye to your allowance. :mad:

don't be such a hater...and you probably are wrong.

·
Registered
199 Posts
hater? ha! I've been posting on this board for over a yr. you should know - and I wanted to place an order until my local dealer wanted 5k over MSRP. I will wait and buy a lightly used one for 25k:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hater? ha! I've been posting on this board for over a yr. you should know - and I wanted to place an order until my local dealer wanted 5k over MSRP. I will wait and buy a lightly used one for 25k:thumbsup:
I know...that's why I didn't call you a troll.;):p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts