Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Mine has them, kinda aggrevating but now I kinda like them, built in sept 09.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Here is what I know. A week after my car was built (September 2nd, 2009) the backup sensors were installed. It appears that at this time the GM chicklets, and the factory wiring for the ambient lighting in the dash were taken off of the cars. So right around this time, the sensors were added, and the dash lighting wiring was removed.

I have the GM badge of excellence and I'm glad to leave them on the car, as it is the one good way to tell if your car is a 2010 model. No backup sensors. I wonder if the backup sensors made it on any cars with the GM badge of excellence.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Here is what I know. A week after my car was built (September 2nd, 2009) the backup sensors were installed. It appears that at this time the GM chicklets, and the factory wiring for the ambient lighting in the dash were taken off of the cars. So right around this time, the sensors were added, and the dash lighting wiring was removed.

I have the GM badge of excellence and I'm glad to leave them on the car, as it is the one good way to tell if your car is a 2010 model. No backup sensors. I wonder if the backup sensors made it on any cars with the GM badge of excellence.
If so... their probably rare :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
when, during the 2010 model year,did GM start putting those aggravating littles squares on our cars?
I know when they stopped being on MY car, it was last month. :)

I thought of it more like an annoying itchy tag on a t-shirt.

·
Registered
729 Posts
so...since the chicklets are no longer put on the sides, what about the 'performance division' badge on the paneling around the inside of the engine compartment???? Is that not being placed any longer either???

·
Registered
145 Posts
Built Oct of 2009
No chicklets
Backup Sensors
No badge, but maybe the V6 versions did not have them.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
frame sticker 10/03/09

No chicklets, but has GM performance division plate under hood, and backup sensors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
where's the gm performance plate i gotta go look now mines a v6 had the tags but i dont remember the perf plate is it hiding so i dont think its a race car

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
The GMPP plate is under the hood...on the SS models.

The plate itself adds 100HP :D
...that's even better than a TYPE R sticker! ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The plate is on the front hood latch cover plate, under the hood. On the right side. Don't blink, you might miss it. It's only about 2" long and 3/8ths wide or so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts