Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
looks like no Z/28 for a while (if ever).

I'm usually very optimistic about this stuff...but like I posted in another thread...be VERY thankful that the camaro was so far along when the economy went into the crapper...if this had happened a year or 2 earlier...NO 2010 Camaro.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The unit created low-volume vehicles for GM's divisions designed to appeal to enthusiasts and bolster the company's image. Products included V-series Cadillacs and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS and a V-8 version of the Colorado.
dang, so i guess that means no more CTS-V?? and no CTS-V coupe?? dammit! i wanted one of those after i paid off my Camaro.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm sure the current vehicles will continue on during their life cycles, I just think what's happening is no more NEW development. I know this is what they need to do, but it really sucks. This looks more and more like communism each day...

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK first off this web forum has way too many sections. I didn't even know there was an Automotive Industry news section!! Guys cut down on the number of sections. I think this should be a main forum thread.

No GM performance division!!!!! Just when I was really thinking Chevrolet was very cool again and wanted to buy one.

"GM said its future-product focus is on fuel- efficient cars and crossovers"

Yea that is the company I want to buy a car from GM-oyota... how freakin lame!!!!

Where is the FBodfather to comment on this??? Does that mean no more GM Performance parts for sale? Can you buy performance exhaust / intake / cams anymore???

This Just Sucks!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Maybe it's a ploy to get people to go out and buy the G8 GXP, CTS-V and Camaro SS so the sales numbers go through the roof. Then GM can say, "see, people want these cars!"

Sneaky.

But not likely.

The more I think about it, I may end up ordering a Camaro SS before I planned on it. I missed out on the last generation. I am not missing out on this one. We need some comments from the Fbodfather.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
No GM performance division!!!!! Just when I was really thinking Chevrolet was very cool again and wanted to buy one.

"GM said its future-product focus is on fuel- efficient cars and crossovers"

Yea that is the company I want to buy a car from GM-oyota... how freakin lame!!!!

Where is the FBodfather to comment on this??? Does that mean no more GM Performance parts for sale? Can you buy performance exhaust / intake / cams anymore???

This Just Sucks!

well...unfortunately it's the world we live in right now...GM is doing what it needs to do to stay afloat. If things go OK, I'm sure the performance division won't be gone forever. The sky is not falling...but the economy is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts