Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my camaro up today and they did honor the discount to a tune of 2800 and some change. Just thought i would let you fellow members know so no dealer try to stick it to ya.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes, and the Camaro is FINALLY listed on gmfamilyfirst.com so you can price it out with office GMS pricing.

http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/GMFamilyFirst.byo?priceformula=EM

My dealer emailed me today to let me know their V6 was in so I could take it for a spin and he told me that the employee pricing WAS availabe (previously they had always said they thought it wouldn't). It was nice of them to let me know without me having to ask. I didn't even say "I told you so" to them.:D

-Brad

EDIT: The October 13th pricing showed approximately a 20% discount on the Camaro. The OFFICIAL GMS pricing is 15% off list...but I'm still happy!:D

EDIT #2: the 15% is on the options. Discount on the car is less, see below. (or just look it up at the web site above)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yes...but dealers DONT have to honor the discounts...and most are NOT.

·
Registered
470 Posts
yes...but dealers DONT have to honor the discounts...and most are NOT.
Yep, turns out 1TUFSS and I ordered from the same dealer, guess we're lucky!

-Brad

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Yep, turns out 1TUFSS and I ordered from the same dealer, guess we're lucky!

-Brad

VERY LUCKY. I tried with my dealer...:rolleyes:...got the "you're lucky we're not asking over MSRP" response.:(

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
A fairly loaded 2SS/RS with rally stripes and engine cover and automatic is only like 7.9% discount. $38,265 vs $35,302 (assuming you subtract 795 from each for shipping). Don't know where the 15% savings comes from. Even if you load one out with wheels and ground effects, you're looking at only about 9%.

But hey, every little bit helps. However, it's up to the dealer to decide whether to accept any employee/supplier discounts.

Ah, unless you're talking options only. That is 15% on options. The base price GMS savings for 2SS is 7.05%

·
Registered
470 Posts
A fairly loaded 2SS/RS with rally stripes and engine cover and automatic is only like 7.9% discount. $38,265 vs $35,302 (assuming you subtract 795 from each for shipping). Don't know where the 15% savings comes from. Even if you load one out with wheels and ground effects, you're looking at only about 9%.

But hey, every little bit helps. However, it's up to the dealer to decide whether to accept any employee/supplier discounts.

Ah, unless you're talking options only. That is 15% on options. The base price GMS savings for 2SS is 7.05%
Sorry, the 15% I calculated was on the options (it used to be 20%). I didn't specify that originally in my first reply.

My bad.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Again, GMS is better than MSRP or above in some cases. Every dollar saved is a dollar earned. I'm just fortunate that there's a $300 cap on sales tax for vehicles in SC. That makes the savings even sweeter.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
And that would be drum roll................................................Newman Chevrolet / Wisconsin :thumbsup: Classic Chevrolet of Grapevine / Texas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I ordered back on 04/20 and my dealer wrote everything up GMS, they said GMS was authorized by GM already. Another dealer about 40 miles away stated as of yesterday they are not honoring GMS.

·
Registered
470 Posts
maybe a dumb question but are they offering the employee pricing to everyone?
This is not employee pricing for everyone. Only if you qualify via a relative working for GM.

-Brad

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also some companies offer GMS discounts to their employees which mine does... I just don't know if it would be accepted. But I checked it out and it would save me about 1200.00... I will hope for the best!!!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Also some companies offer GMS discounts to their employees which mine does... I just don't know if it would be accepted. But I checked it out and it would save me about 1200.00... I will hope for the best!!!
That's the supplier discount. Not quite as good as the employee discount, but still not bad. As I understand it, you need to go through your HR department and get an eligibility code from them, then use it to get an authorization number for the supplier discount through GM (website below). A double step process, but if it can save a few bucks, go for it.

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I can find a dealer who is going to honor GM employee discount, that's gonna be the make or break point for buying one this summer or next. It saves $2000 which adds up to almost $100/month payments. That would be pretty great.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts