Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why some camaro's have a 1" square GM emblem on the lower part of the front fenders right behind the tire and some do not have that emblem (mine does not)? Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I removed the ones on my Grand Prix GXP. They are a pain in the butt when you are washing and detailing your car. They always catch the rags and wash mits. I'm glad they stopped putting them on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I also remember reading they mainly stopped to cut costs. Like it was already mentioned, that adds up with as many cars as they produce. I remember reading Corvette owners couldn't STAND having those on their Vettes. I can kind of understand why. Don't need a reminder of who made a Vette. I could go either way but I'm kind of glad it's not on my Camaro nor my SSR.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I'll be keeping mine on thank you :p

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
They also discontinued the GM PERFORMANCE DIVISION badges under the hood ;)
I think you can contact Dave Hiller at Newman parts counter and order one of these I think its like $15/$13 I dont remember :lol:

I guess they did not want keep reminding us they are goverment motors?
I'm proud to be driving my Goverment Motors Camaro as you call it !

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I remember this came up a while ago, originally I was going to remove them (they already came off once when I painted), but then they announced they wouldn't be putting them on anymore. Not that I think it will equate to any value differance later, but it dose designate pre-orders or earlier runs, so I put them back on.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It's ok, I got some fender emblems sitting in my desk. Just not sure if I want to put them on or not. I kinda like the fender's cleaner look without it, but jury's still out. At least I know where they go should I decide to put them on.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It's ok, I got some fender emblems sitting in my desk. Just not sure if I want to put them on or not. I kinda like the fender's cleaner look without it, but jury's still out. At least I know where they go should I decide to put them on.
I think it's cleaner without.

My comment was more of the point that GM saved pennies while charging you an extra couple-hundered dollars for some sensors you didn't even want.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't believe they were discontinued because of cost. After the bankruptcy a press release indicated the they would be diconntinued so that each division would stand by itself without association with the bankrupt GM Company which currently has a different name.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts