Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my SS from the Chevy Dealer. Here are some photos of the car with the non painted ground effects. I thought Victory Red went well with the Argent Gray. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noice. I wonder if anyone has considered mixing a Flat Argent metallic paint for some striping applications. I swear that color looks better than CGM in a flat-ish form.
I like the contrast.

I think the gfx would look good the same color as the strips(black), or the strips the same color as the gfx (argent).:confused:

You probably had to read that twice:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks good! I agree matching the stripes to the GFX would look even better!
And dechroming... ;)

I think you're better off NOT painting the GFX...mine are 10 months old and paint is wearing off...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you're better off NOT painting the GFX...mine are 10 months old and paint is wearing off...[/QUOTE]

That's why I was worried about painting them. I figured I could always go back and paint them Red or Black. I don't think I want to try pulling those stripes and investing in the re-striping. I'd rather get a CAI and maybe exhaust.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I choose to paint my ground effects a black semi-gloss....no regets here....
I think that looks great. :thumbsup:

I like contrast. I've never been a Mono kinda guy.

If I had painted, I think I would have matched the stripe color, Simi Golss Black or Flat Black.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like the prep and or paint work was lacking.
Yes, that could be true. But also, be aware that GM does not warranty the parts once you paint them...Mine were painted at a Chevy dealer, and installed by another Chevy dealer and I was informed of that before they installed them. Soon they be back to the Argent Gray ;)

Michael J.

·
Registered
173 Posts
my stripes and hockey stripes are painted on my rear bumper cover is coming off the drivers side from above the exhaust to the fender well the dealer is giving me a hard time they have a adhesive tape on them they should be installed a different way

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
my stripes and hockey stripes are painted on my rear bumper cover is coming off the drivers side from above the exhaust to the fender well the dealer is giving me a hard time they have a adhesive tape on them they should be installed a different way
I would make sure that they were following the 2nd generation of installation instructions, when the very first GFX for the 2010 came out they were falling off because of just tape, GM issued a 2nd gen installation that added rivets and doubled the tape. I have driven 19,800 + miles through rain, dust, 113+ degrees and snow and mine are not comming off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I almost attempted the install myself.

I ended up paying the dealer to do it because I wanted to be sure it was done right.

I read all the problems other people were having and then found out that the bumper covers need to be removed to do the job.

I was sure to let the dealer know that I knew about the bumpers needing to be removed so there would be no half ass install.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts